four

Harry

It was finally Friday.

I got off early on Fridays so that I could go pick up Josie from daycare, and bring her home with me for the weekend.

For some reason I could feel myself getting anxious for Sunday.

Every Sunday, Amanda, Josie and I went out to eat together, we figured it would be good for Josie if we were all together sometimes.

But this Sunday was different because I had a surprise for both of them... and I wasn't sure how they'd react.

I snapped out of my thoughts and continued to pack up my stuff for the day at the office. As I was putting my files into my bag, I noticed the piece of paper with Julia's number on it that I must've left on my desk.

I sighed, contemplating for a second before deciding against it.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Normally I'd be jumping at the chance to possibly do something with a woman, but right now I was having a mental block.

I was just about to leave the office, when I noticed I had a new voicemail.

1 New Voicemail: Amanda

I pressed play and immediately heard Amanda's voice on the other end.

"Hey, Harry. I just wanted to let you know that Miss Katie changed their practice time on Saturday, so Josie needs to go to the dance studio at 1:30 instead of 2:30." She spoke.

"Also, if she doesn't have any tights over there I can- Jack, I'm on the phone," she whispered abruptly, but I could hear her start to laugh. "Yeah, like I was saying if she doesn't have tights over there, I can bring them- Jack stop!" She laughed again, and I could hear a bit of commotion in the background.

I could hear her laughing, a very distinct, high-pitched one that only happened when you kissed her behind her ear because she was ticklish...

I coughed and continued to listen, and after a couple seconds she cleared her throat.

"Sorry," she breathed. "If she doesn't have any I can drop them off, just let me know. Alright... I'll talk to you later-" she ended the voicemail, but I could hear the laugh in her voice coming back before it stopped.

I clicked off my phone and sighed, standing still for a second.

You've got to get over this, Harry.

So, I took a deep breath and grabbed the piece of paper off from my desk and dialed the number on my phone.

"Hello?" A female voice answered, and I cleared my throat.

"Hi, is this Julia? It's Harry from the coffee shop." I said, and her voice instantly brightened.

"Oh, hi, I've been waiting to hear from you."

"Yeah, so... I was just wondering if you'd like to get some food sometime?" I asked, and I heard her breathe.

"That'd be great."

--

harry has a date 🥰

-Mel