two

Amanda

"Guess what?" My best friend Serena exclaimed through the phone.

"What?"

"I got an A plus on my research final!" She shouted and I cheered.

"Serena, that's amazing." I breathed. "Look at you Miss 4.0.."

"Thank you, thank you." She laughed. "That's going to be you next week, I can see it now!"

I laughed at the confidence she had in me and took a deep breath. "I can't wait for you to be back here." I told her.

"Ugh, me either, I miss you guys." She groaned. "How's my little squirt?" She asked, referring to Josie.

"She has her first dance recital tonight."

"Oh my goodness, take lots of pictures and tell her she's going to have to show me when I get back." She said.

"Oh, she'll be more than happy to have another chance to do her dance," we laughed.

After a few more minutes, we hung up, especially seeing as how I needed to get Josie ready for her recital that was in two hours.

"Josie!" I called down the hallway, and she came running out of her room, her costume already on. "You got dressed all by yourself?" I asked, and she nodded, giving me a big smile.

"Alright let's tackle this hair," I said, as she sat on my lap in front of the mirror in her room.

I quickly slicked her hair into a ballet bun, and helped her out on her tights and shoes.

"Alright, let me go get dressed, sweetie." I told her, exiting her room as she began to play with Mr. Wiggles.

I made my way into our room where Jack was dressed, standing in front of the mirror. I could tell he was a little bit anxious, so I gave him a hug from behind.

"You're going to do great." I told him, giving a kiss on the cheek and he sighed.

"God, I hope."

He had a final presentation at 6 tonight for one of his classes, so he wouldn't be able to attend Josie's recital.

"You think she'll be mad at me?" He asked alluding to Josie, as he turned to me.

"No, just as long as you let her give you a full performance when you get back," I told him, and he chuckled, leaning in to kiss me.

"You're going to be late for your class." I laughed as he started to kiss my neck.

"This is my motivation," he joked, giving me one last, deep kiss on the lips.

After we parted, I quickly got dressed, putting on a long yellow sundress. I threw on some lipstick, and went to go retrieve Josie from her room.

"Are you ready, Jose?" I asked, and she jumped up and down in excitement. We made our way out into to the living room, so she could put on her coat, when Jack emerged from the bedroom.

"Come ere, kiddo." He said to Josie, and she skipped up to him. "I have something very important to go do so I can't make it to your recital," he told her, and we both watched as her face fell.

"But, I want you to give me a full performance when I get back... and I'll let you teach me all your moves," he winked, and she gave him a big smile and started to jump around.

"Alright, sweetie, lets get going before your teacher has a fit." I said to Josie, and then turned to Jack to give him one last kiss. "Good luck on your presentation, babe."