seventeen

Amanda

I was shocked.

He leaned up against the counter, looking at me.

"How did you get in here?" I whispered, and he chuckled, crossing his arms.

"You learn a lot while you're locked up for three years." He told me, and I started to back away.

"So the first thing you do when you get out is come harass me?" I spat, and he just laughed again. "Why are you here?"

"I think you know why I'm here, Amanda." He sighed. "I haven't been able to live my life for three years because of you." He scoffed, and I tried to discreetly opened the drawer behind me.

"Well you should've thought about that before you tried to kidnap and rape me," I breathed, and he smirked at me, starting to come closer.

"Motherhood looks great on you, by the way." He winked. "You've really grown into your body." He whispered, taking another step towards me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Josie peeking around the wall of the hallway.

Fuck.

"Speaking of which, where's the little kid anyway?" He questioned, turning to towards the hall, but I stopped him.

"Come here." I blurted, and he turned back to me. I whispered, pulling the strap down off of my slip dress. That must've caught his attention because, he smirked coming closer to me.

"I came prepared." He smirked, pulling a condom out of his pocket.

"Perfect." I breathed, pulling him to me. I just needed to distract him right now, and I prayed that Josie stayed quiet.

He kissed my neck, his hand reaching under my dress. I kissed him back, which absolutely disgusted me, but I was feeling around in the drawer behind me.

"Mommy..." I heard Josie whisper, and Patrick pulled away from me and turned towards her.

"Oh, wow." He breathed, taking a step towards her. "She looks just like you, Amanda." He stated, turning back to me. "C'mere, kid."

"Josie, run!" I shouted, watching as she took off back down the hall and I grabbed the knife from the drawer and stabbed it into his leg. He groaned, his leg buckling under him, as he looked at me.

"Stay the fuck away from us." I spat, twisting it in as he cried out in pain. "If you come near us again I'll fucking castrate you."

It had to have been the maternal instincts that made me so angry, because I actually felt like I could. Just the thought of him getting anywhere near Josie made me angry.

I let go and he fell to the floor. I ran down the hallway to Josie, and pulled her into my room as I called the police.

-
Harry

I was asleep when I got the call from Amanda.

I was so fucking worried and angry that I think I got there in a matter of minutes.

When I pulled up, I saw a police car, and Josie and Amanda were sitting on the front step, talking to an officer.

"What happened?" I asked, rushing over to them.

"Patrick broke in and I had to-"

"She got him right in the leg." The officer spoke. "And you also threatened to 'castrate' him?" The officer asked, and Amanda nodded, her face serious.

"That's right."

"I guess I can't argue with that," He sighed and at the same time, another officer emerged from her apartment, leading a handcuffed Patrick to the car.

His leg was bleeding badly , so I figured it must've been a stab wound. That's when I looked over to Amanda and noticed she wasn't crying.

Her eyes were closed as she held Josie to her.

"Are you guys okay?" I questioned and she nodded.

"I think she's just a little shaken up," she said, pointing to Josie who started to reach for me.

"Daddy, can mommy and I stay with you?" She whispered as I picked her up. Her bottom lip was sticking out and she was looking back at me with big glossy eyes.

"Of course you can, Princess." I told her and then looked at Amanda. "But it's up to your mother..."

Amanda looked at me and stood up, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah, if it's okay with you." She said, clearing her throat. "I just... don't know if I can... be alone right now." She whispered and I nodded.

"Stay as long as you want." I told her, as we walked back to my car.

I put Josie in her car seat, and Amanda climbed into the passenger seat. We pulled away after the officers were done and drove off with Patrick.

The drive back to the house was a pretty silent one. Josie had eventually fallen asleep, while Amanda stared out the car window.

"So," I breathed, breaking the silence. "You said you were going to castrate him?" I teased, and I could see the corners of her mouth starting to turn up into a smile.

"I meant it." She responded and I laughed.

"That's bad ass," I chuckled and she shrugged, looking at me.

"Yeah, so don't get any ideas." She laughed, and I couldn't help but stare at her. It was good to see her finally smiling.

So I just kept quiet and didn't bring up our conversation from the other day.

I just wanted this moment to last.

--

;)
-Mel