seven

Amanda

The day had finally come.

I had to take all three of my final exams this morning right after the other, but I liked it that way.

I surprisingly felt good about them all when I finished, and just kept reminding myself that next week I'd be graduating and it would all be over.

Not to mention the fact that I had visiting Harry's mom to look forward to this weekend.

I was on my way to pick up Josie from daycare, because we were going to celebrate tonight and go out to eat.

For some reason I could just tell that whatever was to come for the future after graduation was just going to be good.

Harry

Julia and I may have been getting just a little bit carried away.

She was at my house, we were in the living room on the couch; her legs straddled over me as she kissed my neck.

"Eager aren't we?" I chuckled as she kissed me hard, and went to reach for my pants, but I stopped her before she could get any further.

"Hey," I breathed, kissing her on the cheek. "Let's just... take things slow okay?"

I really just kept surprising myself.

Three years ago I was the complete opposite.

She sat back, took a deep breath and nodded at me.

"It's just hard to keep my hands off of you," she winked, kissing me again.

Suddenly, my phone rang on the table closest to Julia. She picked up and handed it to me, taking a peek at the Caller ID.

Amanda.

It was 10:45 at night, so now I was worried.

"Hello?" I answered and I could hear Josie in the background crying. "What's wrong?"

"Hey, Harry," Amanda said. "I think Josie forgot Mr. Wiggles over there the other day?"

I got up to go check around Josie's room and sure enough Mr. Wiggles was tucked under a blanket on the floor.

"Yup, it's here." I told her and she groaned.

"I want Mr. Wiggles!" I heard Josie yell again in the background.

"Yeah, she's crying and won't go to bed, and I've tried everything." She sighed. "You know how she gets when she doesn't have him for long periods of time."

"I'll bring it for her."

"Are you sure? Its late and I don't want to make you drive all this way-"

"No, it's not a problem." I told her and I heard her breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Harry."

"No problem."

I hung up and walked back out where Julia was waiting, Mr. Wiggles tucked under my arm.

"Was that her?" She asked and I nodded.

"I've got to go bring this to Josie."

"Right now?" She groaned, standing up in front of me.

"Yes, right now, but you can come with for the drive." I whispered. "Keep me company." I started to kiss her neck and she laughed.

"Okay, okay."

Amanda

"Josie, daddy's going to be here with Mr. Wiggles any minute, it's okay." I told her as she continued to cry in my arms.

"Look, kiddo!" Jack exclaimed, holding up one of her dolls, but it didn't help.

The doorbell rang and I jumped up in relief. I rushed to the front door, swinging it open to see Harry on the doorstep.

"Oh, thank god." I breathed, pulling him to me in a hug. "You're an angel."

"Look, Josie." I heard Jack say as he led her to the front door. "There's Mr. Wiggles."

She rubbed her eyes and looked up, her eyes immediately brightening at the sight of Harry holding him.

"Mr. Wiggles!" She yelled, running up to Harry.

"Here you go, Princess." Harry said, handing it to her. "All better?" He asked and she nodded. "Are you going to be a good girl and go to sleep now?"

"Yes!" She giggled, hugging onto Mr. Wiggles. "Thank you daddy." She whispered, giving him a kiss on the cheek and then ran back inside with Jack.

"Thank you, Harry." I breathed, feeling a lot better, but then I remembered. "Um, actually can I talk to you for a sec?" I questioned, stepping outside and closing the door behind me.

"Yeah, sure."

"So, Josie drew this the other day." I showed him the drawing on my phone. "And she also mentioned that... you miss me and I just thought maybe you were-"

"Amanda," he laughed. "Josie's just like any other little kid who wants her parents to be together. But I've already explained to her why that's not going to happen." He informed me and I nodded.

"Yeah, me too."

"I'm... actually seeing someone." He told me, and I was shocked. More than shocked actually.

He pointed back to his car and I saw a dark haired woman in the passenger seat. She gave me a smile and waved. I tried to hide my confusion and reciprocated a wave back.

She was fucking gorgeous.

I felt a pang of something that could only be explained as jealousy, but I quickly pushed the feeling away and turned back to Harry.

"Well I'm happy for you." I coughed, and he pushed his hands in his pockets.

"Thanks," he grinned. "So you have nothing to worry about, okay?"

I guess I was just overthinking this after all...

"Okay."

--

I was going to ask y'all if you like julia but I'll just wait 🤭

-Mel