six

Amanda

It was Sunday, which meant that Harry, Josie, and I went out to eat as a family.

After the conversation I had with Josie a few days ago, I was feeling a little bit unsettled, knowing I'd have to bring this up to Harry eventually.

I sure as hell was not going to mention anything Jack. At least not yet.

I pulled into the parking lot of Scramble, Josie's favorite breakfast place, and went inside to wait for Josie and Harry.

The place was bustling with people already at 10 am, so I was just able to find a booth situated in the back.

After a few minutes, Harry and Josie walked in, she immediately spotted me and rushed up to the booth.

"Hi, mommy!" She exclaimed, as Harry helped her into the seat beside him.

"Hi, baby." I grinned at her, as she quickly grabbed the kids coloring menu. "Did you have a good weekend?"

"Daddy and I watched Doc McStuffins and ate cookies-" she giggled before placing her hand over her mouth. "Oops." She whispered, looking up at Harry and I but we just laughed.

I was starting to accept the fact that Josie was a daddy's girl 100 percent. It also surprised me how much Harry loved being a dad, it was clear to anyone who took one look at the two of them together.

The waitress came over to take our orders; oatmeal and bacon for me, pancakes for Josie, waffles and eggs for Harry.

"I don't know how you eat that stuff," Harry chuckled at me, alluding to my meal choice and I just shrugged.

"It's so good if it's made the right way," I told him. "And Scramble makes the best oatmeal."

After about 10 minutes or so of chatting and watching Josie color on her menu, our food arrived and we began to eat.

"So, um," Harry began, putting his fork down. "I was thinking that once your finals are over in a few days... we could go visit my mum." He said casually, taking a sip of his drink and I was shocked.

Harry had never really brought up his family before, because he wasn't exactly an open person, and I never wanted to pry.

"I just... I thought about what you always said about your parents, and how you wished Josie could have a relationship with her grandparents, so I figured this could be a start." He explained, giving me a small smile.

I didn't know what to say.

But he was right. I wanted Josie so badly to have that grandparent-grandchild relationship, especially since my parents had passed before she was even born.

I couldn't believe he had remembered, and I was so happy I could cry.

"Harry," I breathed. "This is perfect, yes... when?"

"I figured we could go Friday?" He informed. "You and Jack finish your finals on Tuesday, right?"

I nodded and tried to hide my excitement.

"And... um he can come too." He coughed, and I took a deep breath.

"Thank you, Harry. Really."

"My sister will be with my mum the same day, so I guess you'll be meeting the whole crew," he chuckled, and I smiled at him.

"I can't wait."

--

gemma and mama anne coming soon 🥰

-Mel