twenty-three

Amanda

"Just think of it like you're dancing on the stage." I whispered to Josie.

My brother's wedding was about to start, and of course Josie was nervous about her flower girl duties.

"The prettiest flower girl I've ever seen," Harry told her, and she started to smile.

I led Josie over to where she was going to stand.

"You got it, sweetie." I told her, before giving her a kiss on the cheek and making my way back to our seats, where Harry was sitting.

The wedding was taking place at the beach, where all of Kevin and Erica's close family and friends gathered around.

I looked up to see Kevin standing at the alter, holding his arms in front of him.

I gave him a thumbs up, and stood up as the music started to play. I watched as Josie stepped up to the aisle, with a big smile on her face, as she tossed her flower petals.

"There's our girl." Harry whispered from beside me, squeezing my hand.

After Josie came their bridesmaids and groomsmen, and last but not least Erica, looking as beautiful as ever.

After the ceremony, there was going to be a small party for close friends and family. Everyone in the room was sitting down or walking around chatting with one another.

Kevin came over to the table where Harry, Josie, and I were sitting along with Serena, Ezra, and Oliver.

"Congratulations, bro." I said, hugging him tight. "I'm so glad you're happy." I told him and he smiled at me.

"Thanks, Mandy." Then he leaned in close and spoke up. "I can tell you are too." He whispered, gesturing to Harry was actually chatting away with my friends.

I blushed as I continued to watch Harry who was laughing away with them, and it made me happy to see that they were all getting along.

"You know, I know just what you need." Kevin breathed. Before I could even ask him what he meant, he jogged up to the stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Okay everyone," Kevin said, taking a deep breath. "My beautiful bride and I want everyone to join in with us on this next song, so grab someone and dance!" He exclaimed giving me a wink before pulling Erica to him and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

A soft, slow song started to play, and I watched as the people around us started to couple off and join Erica and Kevin in a slow dance. I couldn't help but smile at his little plan.

"Can I have this dance?" Harry whispered from beside me, holding his hand out for me. I grinned and placed my hand in his as we made our way to the center of the dance floor.

He wrapped one arm around my waist and held my hand with the other. I rested my head on his chest as we danced, and breathed in his scent; a pine cologne.

I watched from beside us as Serena and Ezra were giggling to each other and they danced, looking deep into each other's eyes. Oliver was attempting to dance with Josie as she twirled around in circles.

"I didn't know you could dance, Harry." I joked, looking up at him as he grinned and pulled me close.

"I'm full of surprises, Amanda." He laughed, kissing the top of my head. "God, you're beautiful." He whispered, resting his head on mine.

The song seemed to last forever, but I didn't mind. In fact, I didn't want it to end. This moment, being wrapped in his arms, I felt safe. It was like nothing else mattered except this moment.