twenty-two

Jordan

I was watching them.

Amanda and Harry as they played with their daughter at the park.

Josephine, that was her name, but she went by Josie.

I had my ways of getting this information, and much more. I'd been inside their house, which used to be mine.

While they were sleeping, while Harry was at work, and countless other times.

Amanda stood on the side of the slide, holding Josie's hand as she went down, while Harry stood in front of them and snapped a picture.

Everything about this little scene made my blood boil.

That should be me.

Josie should be mine; not hers.

I watched as she ran to go down the slide again, and Harry leaned over and kissed Amanda on the cheek, pulling her to him.

What the fuck?

It looks like my plan backfired; Now that Jack was gone, she and Harry were together.

Fucking bitch...

Harry wrapped his arms around her, and this time, she reached up and kissed him on the lips. When they pulled away, I could see Harry's smile as he looked away in Josie's direction.

I could feel myself starting to get angry as I watched them, but I couldn't stop.

I'd never seen Harry like this before. He looked genuinely happy.

I just knew that if he gave me another chance, I could make him happy too.

I took a deep breath, and took a photo of them; ensuring that all three of them fit perfectly into the frame.

I sat back in the seat of my car and looked at it.

Harry and I would be together again soon enough.

-
Amanda

"Which one?"

Harry and Josie were laying on the bed, carefully examining the dress choices I had laid out to wear to my brother's wedding in a couple days.

"Hm, I think you need to try them on for us." Harry said, and then looked at Josie. "Don't you think, Jose?"

"Yeah, mommy play dress up!" She giggled, jumping on the bed.

"Okay, okay," I breathed, and went inside the closet to change into option number one.

"Okay, how's this?" I said, walking out in the strapless, pale yellow, flowy dress.

"Pretty, mommy!" Josie grinned, clapping her hands and I leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, sweetie."

"You look stunning." Hardy breathed, looking at me carefully. "Can I get a kiss too?"

"Maybe after Josie goes to bed." I winked, and he laughed. "Speaking of which, it's time kiddo." Josie groaned as I picked her up and carried her to her bathroom to brush her teeth.

"Mommy, I'm excited!" She whispered, as I handed her her toothbrush and put the toothpaste on it for her.

"What're you excited about, sweetie?"

"Me, you, and daddy." She grinned, starting to brush her teeth. "Now we can watch Doc McStuffins and eat cookies together!"

I laughed and kissed her on top of the head, but before I could say anything, I heard the doorbell ring from downstairs.