Let's be friends

(EDITED)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Harry could feel his t-shirt getting soaked with tears. Ginny hugged him rather more tightly and it caused him a wince.

Ignoring the searing pain, Harry rested his head on her head, while wrapping her in his arms, making her feel safe and comfortable.

Crying into his arms, she let out all the heaviness of her heart. Slowly Ginny started to quiet out. She wiped her cheeks and got out of the hug.

Holding her arms, Harry took her across the room and settled her on Fred's bed.
He noticed the parchment in her hand, but didn't question her any.

He took it from her hand and was about to place it on the table when Ginny said sobbing, "It's Fred's letter".

Harry looked at the letter. His eyes scanning the paper, but he was in no intention to read it. Ginny was crying. She was sitting beside him and crying. How could he use his mind into other things now. Though he very well knew it was very insensitive of him.

"Ginny??" Harry took her name putting a hand on her head.

"You know Harry, when Sirius was killed..., "Harry's heart gave a scrunch, "...The only thing I wished at that moment was, I don't want to suffer the pain which you went through" She wiped the tear drop which fell from her puffy red eyes.

Harry's hand soon shifted on to her shoulder. Giving a light squeeze he waited for her to speak further.

"But then how can I forget, it's a war. I had to loose someone, and I lost my brother" said Ginny and her voice broke. She took a long sniff and looked up to hold back the tears which were hanging from her lower lash line.

Harry kissed Ginny on her temple, "It's okay Ginny" said Harry and looked at her.

"You know Ginny, when Sirius died, I captured myself, locked myself. Ignored meals, refused to come out of my room" Harry said and Ginny looked at him intently, ".... but then I realised Sirius would never want to see me as such. He would hate seeing me like this" completed Harry biting his gums to prevent his tears from falling. Immediately raising her hands, Ginny wiped the tingling tears at the corner of his eyes.

He looked at Ginny for a moment and then removed a piece of hair from her face and rested his palm behind her ear. He then caressed her cheek with her thumb and kissed her forehead, Ginny closed her eyes at his touch.

"Gin...." Ginny's little heart unexpectedly fluttered, "....People do leave us, but we hurt them when we hurt ourselves in their absence. It pains them more because, they are helpless. They can't wipe our tears, they can'tmake us happy" said Harry, his eyes glistening due to the streak of moonlight which peered in from the narrow space in between the curtains.

"I am sorry Harry" said Ginny breaking the silence which flooded inbetween them. But their eyes never leaving each other's.

"For what??" Asked Harry in surprise.

"For hurting you all these days. For misbehaving with you" said Ginny looking down.

Harry held her chin and raised up her head, "You'll always be the same noble modest git, won't you??" Said Harry frowning a bit.

Ginny furrowed her eyebrows at this statement, "No need to" said Harry shortly. "Are you feeling better??"

"I am. And so do my senses. I am sorry Harry for not understanding you. How can I forget, you are the one who lost unconditionally. I am sorry for being selfish" said Ginny in the same tearful voice. She closed her eyes to let her held tears escape.

"Now you are being a noble modest git" said Harry raising an eyebrow.

"Ginny I am used to it..." answered Harry to Ginny's questioning look, "Even if you deny you are still the youngest one to suffer so much pain. You lost your blood Ginny. You are really the strongest person I know Gin." Said Harry cupping her face. His face wore a proud expression.

Ginny hugged Harry again. She buried her face in his neck, "I really hate your modesty" tightening her arms around his neck. Harry chuckled and hugged back Ginny and patted the back of her head.

"Ginny??"

"Yeah" responded Ginny without breaking out of the hug.

"Did you forgive me??" Asked Harry.

Ginny closed her eyes, "stupid git" she muttered under her breath, enough audible for Harry to hear, which made him chuckle.

They remained like this for few more moments.

"I am sorry for fighting with you so much" said Ginny breaking out of the hug.

"It's okay.." said Harry smiling, "Even I am sorry too..." said Harry looking down.

"It's okay... Let's be friends" said Ginny putting out her hand for him to shake.

Harry's face fell. He looked at her hand and then at her. He pressed his lips in thin line and shaked her hand.

"I am not sure Harry. At least not now." said Ginny reading his thoughts.

"I will wait" said Harry giving a firm smile.

Ginny smiled back. Somewhere, at the back of her mind was nagging her "You will fall for him, Again. Sweetheart".

"Let's go" said Harry and Ginny nodded her head. Harry, followed by Ginny, went out of the room. Before closing the door, Ginny looked back at the room once, and then closed the door behind her.

They went up to Ginny's room, bid each other good night and drifted off to sleep.

Next Morning, Ginny woke up, squinting and rubbing her eyes. She turned her head to look at the clock, to see it was already 9:00.

She sat up with a start, "Teddy. I need to feed him" said Ginny to herself. She hurriedly got out of the covers to see Harry in a deep sleep.
Of course, they slept late last night, which caused them a deep sleep in the morning.

She ran out of the room down the stairs to check on Teddy. She gave a relaxed breath after seeing Teddy having his meal in her mother's arm.

"Good Morning mum" said Ginny rubbing her eyes.

"Good Morning dear" said Mrs. Weasely looking up. She frowned at Ginny, "Go freshen up" said Mrs. Weasely.

"Yeah... I'll be back" said Ginny and ran up to her room.

She closed the door behind her lightly, as Harry was sleeping. Crossing the room, she took her bath robe and went inside the washroom.

As she closed the door, the door got stuck at the border of the boundary.
Ginny gave it a tight pull, which caused a creaking voice and then she bolted up the door.

Harry was sleeping deeply. He stretched himself, scratched his head. He turned around making himself more comfortable. He again drifted to sleep, when his sleep was shattered by cries of his name.

"Harry!!??!!"
"Is anyone here??"
"Help me out"
"I am stuck!!"

(EDITED)

So this is for this chapter. Hope you all like it.

Please do vote and comment below your feedback.

Please do follow for further notifications.

Until then...Bye

Thank you
........