Surprise

(EDITED)

After few hours, Harry left the burrow. Ron was busy cleaning his Quidditch stuff whereas Hermione was reading a book in her room.

"Ron! Are you there?" Hermione shouted coming down from her room as she heard a popping sound.

"I am here. Someone else apparated." responded Ron.

"What is it kids. Who apparated??"
Mrs. Weasely just entered the burrow through the floo network.

"Probably Harry, Mrs. Weasely..." answered Hermione coming down the stairs, "Harry and Ginny had a row".
"Oh dear...." said Mrs.Weasely in a silent whisper, "Where is Ginny??"asked Mrs.Weasely in a concerned tone.

"She is sleeping in her room." replied Hermione looking down.

Mrs. Weasely suddenly takes a notice of Ron, " Why are you so dirty?" asked Mrs.Weasely.

"I was cleaning my quidditch stuff." answered Ron, dusting off the dirt.
Hermione helped him dust off the dirt.
As she rubbed her fingers against Ron's hair, unknowingly her fingers brushed against his neck.

Feeling her slender fingers against his skin, Ron felt goosebumps all over his body. A shrill electricity passed through his  body.

Gulping he turned his head looked at Hermione.
"Gosh!!! Was she always this beautiful... and her eyes so beautifully carved" thought Ron licking his dry lips. A strand of hair fell on her face, when Hermione moved in front of him, taking off the sticky spider webs off his rusty hair.

Ron's reflex immediately made him pull back that strand off her face.

As he was tucking the hair strand behind her ear, Hermione eyes fell on him
His soft blush filled face made her cheeks burn.

A warm blissful bubble engulfed them and they can't help but stare at each other. As Hermione took her eyes off him, it fell on his lips and she can't help the urge of kissing him.

"Only if I could taste them..." she wondered licking her lips, "but... Mrs. Weasely.... only if she leave.." she pleaded inwardly biting her lower lip.

"No!! That's rude. She is elderly" Hermione scolded herself when the lips she was staring turned into a smirk.

Hermione looked up at Ron instantly. He caught her!
"For how long have I been staring??" Scowling at her innerself she looked away blushing hard.

Moving away from Ron, Hermione walked up to the kitchen.
"Do you need some help Mrs. Weasely?" Asked Hermione.
Ron rose an eyebrow at his fellow girl and bit his inner cheeks from laughing.

"No dear. It's okay" she said when Hermione realised Mrs.Weasely was smiling slyly.

"Okay..." she said timidly. Hitting her forehead lightly Hermione turned around to move up to their room when her eyes landed on Ron.

Hermione frowned as Ron winked at her and licked his lower lip. Hermione felt her blood flowing in reverse. All filling up her cheeks

"I help you Mrs.Weasely" she said, hurriedly turning around from Ron, who gave a hard chuckle.

*********

It was nearly lunch time and Mrs.Weasely called the children to have it.

Ron was the first one to arrive at the table followed by Hermione who was speaking about Hogwarts: A History.

Ronald didn't show any withdrawal towards the speech but he also didn't enjoy it.