「ғʀᴜsᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ」

"Hold up. He asked you on a date? Already?" 

    It's Tuesday night and Jimin went straigt to Taehyung's place after school to tell him how it went with Jongin. They are sprawled out on Taehyung's bed, eating strawberries that Taehyung's mother had practically forced into their hands instead of all the unhealthy things they usually munch on while having their daily gossip sessions.

    "Yeah, we tried his dance and I actually had a good time, so when he asked me out at the end of it, I said yes." Jimin explains and Taehyung is quiet for a moment.

    "That's great. I'm happy for you." He says, looking up at the roof with a blank expression.

    "You don't sound so enthusiatic." Jimin frowns and reaches over Taehyung to grab another one of the red berries.

    "Sorry. You know how I want you to end up with someone else, and before you start ranting about how you can't be with him and shit, I already know that's what you think. I just- I can't stop myself from wanting you to have the one you have always loved. Not to mention you would be the hottest couple ever. You're perfect for each other." Taehyung says and Jimin turns his head to look at him with raised eyebrows.

    "Wow, that's just what I needed! Thanks, Tae, why don't you just tell me all about it." Jimin says, sarcasm lacing his voice.

    "Okay." Taehyung says seriously and before Jimin could protest he starts wording his opinions, "I'm tired of this bullshit. Your bullshit. I think that you are royally fucking up, Jimin. You have been crushing on this guy since forever, and what do you do when he tells you that he likes you back? Instead of taking the perfect chance to collect the man you love, you go and date a guy you've met like twice, who you don't feel anything for! I knew you were a little slow, but not this fucking stupid. I know you are scared of what Hoseok's reaction may be, but it's clear as day that you won't get over Jungkook after three years of trying and it's going to kill you from the inside to keep hidden, so you better just put it out there and take the consequences. Even though they may turn out bad, you will have it off your chest. I think that hiding it from Hoseok is a bigger issue than the crush itself by now." 

    Jimin is stunned by all the harsh statements that Taehyung is rambling out, but doesn't need to think of what to say before Taehyung beats him to it. The taller sits up and looks down at his best friend.

    "But not telling Hoseok isn't even the worst part. The worst part is that you are fucking up all your chances with Jungkook right now. I just know that you'll end up running back to Jungkook after you realise that Jongin isn't the guy for you and it will be too late. No one wants to be the second choice. Fuck, Jimin, can't you see what you're doing?" 

    Jimin is quiet for a long time, staring blankly at Taehyung who seems to be out of his mind with frustration.

Taehyung's P.O.V

    Taehyung knows he's being a hypocrite, his crush on Hoseok being the cause of this, but Jimin is really stressing him out. He has the perfect shot of being with Jungkook, knowing the feelings are mutual, but won't just take a fucking chance. 

    Although, if Hoseok were to like Taehyung back, would he be ready to risk his friendship with Jimin? 

    Knowing that Jimin can relate to his situation, he would probably tell him about it. Now that this isn't the case, he doesn't feel that it's necessary to bring any more drama into Jimin's life.

    He then realises that Jimin is still staring at him with wide eyes.

    "Sorry for just throwing that at you, but you need to hear it. All of it. And you need to do something about it. I would consider myself a bad best friend if I didn't snap you out of the delusion that you can actually get over Jungkook. It was love at first sight, right? Don't you think that he is the love of your life? Your soulmate?" Taehyung says with a softer tone and Jimin seems to obtain his speech ability.

    "Love of my life? Maybe... but you are and will always my soulmate. What would I do without you?" Jimin breathes, tearing up, and Taehyung feels his heart clench at the words of appreciation.

    "Mess up your life, that's what." Taehyung says with a weak laugh and lays down again to pull Jimin to his chest, seeing his bottom lip quiver slightly.

    "I'm scared." Jimin whispers and Taehyung draws patterns on his back in an attempt to soothe him.

    "You'll be fine. Hoseok will understand. I'm sure of it." Taehyung assures the blonde boy in his arms.

    After a few moments Jimin is standing up from the bed searching around the room for something.

    "What are you looking for?" Taehyung words his thoughts.

    "My phone. I have a date to cancel."

 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A/N:

Sorry for not updating in so long! 

I've started writing a new book after I completed 'Truth or Dare' some time ago... It's called 'What Would You Do', includes various BTS ships and I really hope you could check it out if you haven't already? I'm really proud of it so far :))

What do you think of this chapter? Are you as shocked as me that it turned out this way? Are you still reading this book or have I lost you along the way? Lol I hope not, it's not over in quite some time... ;)

Oh, and you are worth everything and more <3