「ᴀʀʀᴏɢᴀɴᴄᴇ」

"I'm excited to present to you, this years contemporary dance seniors! You guys are going to help them with a very important project." Mr. Chun declares happily, gesturing towards the group of dancers at the other end of the practice room.

    Jimin is currently in his advanced contemporary dance class. Taehyung doesn't take this class because his studies aren't focusing on contemporary, so Jimin in on his own. 

    The ride to school was uneventful. Jungkook seemed to hold to his promise to keep distance, not saying a word to Jimin exept from a 'hey, Jimin'. Jimin is glad that Jungkook is taking this seriously.

    "Their task is to each choreograph a dance number, a duet to be exact, and teach it to a freshman, hence, one of you. You will have a big responability, so I hope you are looking forward to this as something educational and fun. This will be included in your grade too." Mr. Chun continues and Jimin is listening intently, "To help the seniors choose partner, you will dance with each of them and then they will choose one of you. If you get chosen by several seniors, you get to choose the one you feel the most comfortable with." 

    After Mr. Chun has ranted a little about how fun this project is going to be, he instructs the seniors to stand in a line and the freshmen to form a line in front of them, so each has a partner to start the choosing process with.

    "We will be doing the short duet that we learned last week. Does everyone remember?" Mr. Chun calls and approving words are heard through the room, "Great, let's begin!"

    The music starts and they all start dancing in sync. This repeats numerous times and Jimin is met with all kinds of dancers; male or female, gentle or rough, weak or strong, reserved or passionate.

    By the time the music stops and he moves on to the last person, he is starting to get tired, his lent dancing shirt sticking to his damp skin. 

    "Jimin." 

    Jimin's head snaps up at the sound of a fuzzily familiar voice, and is met with the dark eyes of the guy from the last party of summer break. He is looking at him with a small smile.

    "Jimin... right?" He asks and Jimin can only nod slowly before the music starts and he snaps out of the haze.

    They dance the short duet and Jimin must admit that Jongin is a better dancer by far if he were to compare him to the other seniors. His movements are a perfect blend between graceful and strong, his grip on his waist or hands a pleasant combination of rough and gentle. 

    When the dance is over Jongin is grinning, and Jimin looks at him in confusion. Said confusion is soon vanished as Jongin shamelessly calls to the class, "This one's mine, guys." and scattered groans are heard from disappointed seniors. A few moments later, the room is filled with chatter about who will choose who and what not.

    Jimin narrows his eyes at Jongin.

    "What was that about? I thought I would get to choose if more people want me." He says and Jongin smirks.

    "My classmates know that when I want something, I get it, so they won't bother choosing you now that I've called dibs." Jongin explains and Jimin frowns.

    "That's kind of cocky, don't you think?" Jimin states and Jongin chuckles.

    "Well, if that helps me spend more time with you, I'm not gonna complain." Jongin says with a wink, "You do remember me right? From the party, I mean." he continues.

    "Yeah, the party... Jongin, right?" Jimin says and Jongin is back to grinning.

    "Yes, yeah, that's me. I'm a little surprised you even remember, you were quite drunk." Jongin says and chuckles as Jimin groans at the memory and rubs his face with his palms in an embarrassed manner.