Wedding

June 1, 2013
Holmes Chapel, England

The past couple of days have been a whirlwind. From all our nerves for today to my latest nightmare that had been a bit traumatized, things are all over the place. But today, I have decided to forget everything that happened and enjoy the celebration. It's the least I can do for Anne and Robin who has been there since day one. My problems can wait for another day.

Waking up today was interesting to say the least. My alarm sounded at 7 am and I barely had time to compose myself before I needed to start my errands for the afternoon. The Styles/Twist house was definitely chaotic when I got there, my house was probably the same if I'm honest. Anne and Robin were getting their things to go to separate locations of the venue, while Gem and Harry were getting stressed over everything.

"I am so glad you're in charge of the errands because if it was Gemma, we'd be losing our hairs by now" Anne chuckles, watching how her two children argue.

Caroline called me early today informing that all the other bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen suits were ready, so I got them picked up and delivered them to where they needed to go. As requested by Anne, Gemma waits for me with my dress she picked up at my house. After running a million and one errands, I finally gotten to where I can get ready myself.

"Here's your dress and the shoes you told me to get" Gemma smiles brightly, already in her maid of honor dress picked out by Anne. I thank her and hurry to the dressing room to change and have Lou do my hair and makeup. Slipping on the beautiful dress, I make my way over to her chair where she waits for me.

"Alright love, what would you like me to do?" She asks smiling widely.

"Surprise me" I say, trusting her to do well.

She turned my chair so I can't face the mirror and gets straight to work. Diligently, she paints my face with makeup, occasionally instructing me to close my eyes. Once she's done with that, she gently takes fragments of my hair, putting it into an elegant updo I suppose. Her hands work quickly yet efficiently and she's done in a matter of minutes. Playfully, she turns me around to look at myself and I almost don't recognize the girl in front of me.

"Woah Lou, you really just worked a miracle right now" I laugh in disbelief. My makeup is simple with a nude color painted on my lips and light pink eyelids. My hair is tied up in a small braid that finishes off in a bun, hairs framing my face perfectly. She finishes ofd the look with handing me a pair of white and pink flowers, complementing my dress.