The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 32

A bead of sweat fell down the shaken cheek of the warrior. Her fist clenched and unclench in unease as the feeling of danger was right on top of her. Her hand was grasped to snap out of her trance. "Makeda? What on earth is wrong, darling?" The Chairman asks. He despises when she is afraid, it's so rare for Makeda to act this way. She was a confident soul and fearless when it came to battle.

But it was as if the chase was over and she was backed into a wall.

Suddenly the door slammed open, Makeda taking a step back and bangles glowing. "There you are! I was looking for you!" Both Makeda and Chairman Kaien heaved as sigh of relief as the confused Yuki tilts her head. "What wrong? You both look tense.." Makeda shook her head weakly, a false smile gracing her lips to reassure. "Oh nothing! You just startled us that's all." Yuki wasnt truly convinced. She wondered if they were feeling the same thing she was.

A feeling of danger.

Makeda's face hardened as she shakes her wrists, bangles sing a chime each time they clash as she made her way to the door. "M-Makeda hold on! Makeda!!" Chsirman Kaien cursed under his breath at the door slam. "This one is so stubborn... I swear." He then turn to Yuki, holding her shoulder with a serious expression.

"Yuki. I dont know how much time we have, but...! He should have some control now.."

Wake up Zero!

~~~~

This night was filled with fog that was covering the land in its grip. Jingle after jingle echoed with each step Makeda took. Her brown eyes scanned the thick fog with caution as the feeling wasn't as powerful. 'But it is still here.' He can't hide from her, Makeda was ready to take Rido head on. Her breathing quickens at sudden footsteps walking to her. Her fist raises as a bright golden aura surrounds them.
"Makeda.."
She blinks at a familiar call of her name. The figure came closer through the fog until Makeda recognized who it was.
"R-Rima!"
The woman with pigtails nodded, grabbing her hand gently and pointed to the night class building. "...Come with me.." Rima turned and began to the building, pulling her along. Makedas aura dissipates and follows behind her inside. Rima is a aloof, quiet soul and is not afraid to speak her mind when she needs to. So when she asks one to follow, Makeda knows...

It must be taken seriously.

~~~

"Shiki... Is he alright?"

Makeda clasped her hand in hers and let out a breath. Both women were sitting on a large sofa in the library of the night class dorm. Class has already started for Rima, completely unaware of the dangerous being.  "That...Is not Shiki.." Makeda nods and ran her hand through her curls. "I know dear.. I already know." Rima's expression didn't change, but Makeda understood that she was worried about Shiki. Shiki and Rima were so  close. Makeda noticed her hand was squeezed to get her attention. "What do we do, Makeda?" She bit her lip at Rima's worried tone and intense stare. What CAN she do? Makeda of course wants nothing more than to save Shiki. She looked down, her curls falling on her face. Makeda knows Who he REALLY is. And that is the problem.. The warnings she received is nothing to brush off, even when she was ready to fight. She doesn't want to admit it at all, but a voice deep inside her consciousness tells her something she doesn't want to hear..

She cannot fight this being.

Makeda suddenly felt a chill down her spine. At the same time, Rimas hand squeezed hers harder this time, confirming what Makeda senses. 'She feels it too!' Both women stood and whirled around at the front door of the library. The double doors creak slowly open, Makedas stomach dropping at the said vampire leaning on the doorframe. His smirk widens the more he looks at her.

"Makeda, my love

"Makeda, my love.. There you are." She shakes at his deep, husky voice that wasn't her friend. Eyes filled with fury hone in on 'Shiki', while his red and icy blue ones dance with amusement and.. something else Makeda was afraid of. Oh so familiar was that gaze. She felt small and it was if she was going to be ravished at any minute. Rima stepped forward and pulled Makeda protectively behind her, a terrible expression of rage was shown on her normal serene face. 'Shiki' chuckled and began towards them, a hand outstretched to the Makeda. "My heart burst with ecstasy the moment I opened the door and saw you. At last.. Come, let me adore you, My Kitten." He purred in seduction, disregarding the fact that a livid Rima was also in the room. Makeda's hair began to stand up from Rima's electric current surrounding her. "RIDO!" She yelled and began to charge, ignoring Makedas plea to cease. Makeda gasps as Rima is quickly slammed into the ground with his magic. "You're in the way, wench." 'Shiki's' face forms a scowl as he goes to her, his foot stomping on her back harshly. Makeda suddenly roared after seeing Rimas pain, her bangles shine and her aura grows. It's shaped into a cheetah before Makeda sprints, fist drawed back to deliver a blow. 'Shikis' icy eye faces her, glows and Makeda falls down in a instant. Her body suddenly drained of energy, and she could barely stand. "Damn it!" A deep chuckle and footsteps coming towards her causes panic as she struggles. 'Get up, Makeda! GET UP!!' This power is something she has never in her life faced before. It's too strong and her bangles are making her skin underneath sting. Makeda flinched at his hand comes to view, caressing her cheek before sliding down to her chin and lifting her face up. He licks his lips as he eyed his prize. His thumb runs across her plump lips as her face twisted in malice at him.

"The time has come, my adorable Kitten.."

Thanks For Reading!