The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 20

The crickets chirp their song throught the night as the two pair walking into the Night Class garden. The tall male vampire sighed and shook his head, causing the woman to look at him in slight confusion. "You always have to bring trouble, Makeda." She continues to stare at him, still confused after his statement.  What did she do? She was following order that the Chairman wanted. Although Ichijo's grandfather was.. too close. "Did.. did I do something wrong?" Makeda flinched at a poke on her forehead. "Never.." Kain grinned at her pout. He could never get tired of her facial expressions when he teased her. When she furrowed her brows, pouts or laughs, his heart gets swept away. Kain would do ANYTHING to keep her in high spirits, just to see her smile and laugh. He wants Makeda to be at ease. He noticed that other vampires make her uncomfortable. Especially that old geezer. 'I should have just punched the shit out of him..' He thought begrudgingly.  If he had it his way, he would get rid of those who made her uneasy or scared. 

 Makeda held her forehead and huffed at Kain as he walked towards a patch of green with a dazed expression. "Look Makeda, Lavender.." She smiled brightly and went to him, looking at the plant as she inhaled its calming scent. "Out of all the flowers, YOU picked a herb as your favorite plant." Kain chuckled at a memory. A memory that he knew that he not only had to protect his cousins, but her as well.

~~~~

"Hey Makeda. Slow down, will you?" The young vampire shoved his hands in his pockets, trying to hide a smile as the little girl ran and turned a corner. Giggles could be heard as he continued through the garden. "Maaakeeddaa, where'd you go, you rascal." He looked under a stone bench, face scrunched as it was empty. He perked at a stifled laugh coming from a bush. Standing up, he silently crept behind, quickly reached in and picked up the laughing little warrior. "Gotcha.." She laughed harder as he tickled her belly. " Kaaaainn stop it, that tickles! Ahahaha!" She buries her face in his shirt as he ceased, trying to catch her breath. "Then don't run off like that on your own. Geez, why are you such a adventurous child?" He huffed but rubbed the back of her head as he sat down on a bench. It was a comfortable silence as he picked out the leaves from her hair. 'All of this hair...' "Ah! Kain, look!!" Suddenly she reached over in his arms and pointed at a light purple plant. He blankly looked at the plant then back to her, noticing her eyes glisten with excitement. "It's labender!!" Kain threw his head back and laughed, a action that is rarely seen in him. "It's pronounced 'Lavender', Makeda." She 'oh'd' as she stared more at the plant. She then turned up at Kain and grinned. "It's my favorite!" He arched a brow. "Really? You don't like roses or daisies or anything like that?" She shook her head, leaning over and sniffed the herb. "Its calming.." Kain looked at the young girl, leaning on her head and closed his eyes. The smell fills the air as the crickets sing. "Kain?" He breathes in her scent, hugging her closer to him "Yeah.. it is relaxing.."

~~~~

Kain knew he was treading on thin ice as he embraced the African warrior. The fact that not only his beloved cousins fawn over her and other vampires, but the PUREBLOOD himself. But God, does she drive the senses wild. "You are a temptress, you know that? I just can't get enough of you.." Makeda had her hands to his chest, surprised of the sudden hug. "Kain?" He may do it, he may take the risks. He kisses on top of her head, breathing in her scent. He said he wouldn't lose to Ruka, but can he take on the leader? For her? For everything that she is and her entire being? Before she could question what was wrong, he kisses her forehead before flicking it again. He slides away from Makeda, nodding in the direction of the day class dorms. "Come on, darling. It's getting late..."

Thanks For Reading!