The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 28

"STOP IT!! KANAME!!!"

Makedas frantic voice fell on death ears as more chains from the purebloods magic wrap around the silver haired male, pinning him down further to the ground of the room. Kaname protectively held onto Makedas waist tighter as she weakly tries to get to Zero. Kanames eyes with the fire of jealousy as he looks at him with distan. "I've held on to my patience. But know the second time around you could have killed her, Zero. This has gone far enough.." Zero tried to raise his head, snarling at Kaname with malice. Kaname pulled her closer so her hands lay on his chest."Look at him, Makeda. Hes spiraling down more and more to being a level E vampire." She whimpers at Zeros roar, his eyes holding no more of his purple hue. They are completely red as he thrashes and twist to break free, fangs gleaming and bearing at him. "Don't touch her, don't touch her, DON'T TOUCH HER!!!" Makdea puts her hand to her mouth, her brown eyes began to fill with tears. "Zero.." Kaname hesitated before he put her into another pair of familiar arms. "Makeda.. It's gonna be ok.." She looks away, her curls splayed on her face as the chairman rubbed her back to soothe her. "Chairman.." Nodding at Kanames glance, he began down the hall with her. "NO! WAIT, ZERO!!" She let's out a sob at a bright light and Zeros agonizing scream. "He'll be ok, you have to trust us." She blinked back more tears as Yuki appeared  and takes her hand.

"I know he will.."

~~~

Clouds began to form over the academy just as they formed in Makedas heart. 'It's so dreary..' She rubs her face with her hands. She just wishes she could turn back time. Back to when she was young. When all was calm but happy. She hugged herself and leaned back into the tree trunk, the sound of thunder rolling in the distance. She closes her eyes as Zeros words echo in her ears.

'I love you, Makeda..'

She ruffles her curls in frustration. He loves her too? She is all jumbled up and confused. What should she do? All her life she had everything under control. Now, it seems her kingdom is failing. Even Yuki will not look at her, her eyes seem painful.

Is the family falling apart as well? And what can she say?
Who does she love?

Makeda loves everyone here but it's not the case. This IS a different sense of love.. She didn't jump at the flash of lighting or clap of thunder. Rain began to pour but she didn't care.

What can she do?

What should she do!?

"MAKEDA!"

She doesn't move as the heavy raindrops above her were stopped by an umbrella. "What on earth are you doing!?" Rukas voice sounds throughout the sudden storm. "Ruka.." Makedas arm was pulled for her to stand. "Honestly! You're soaked! What are you.." Ruka scolding trails off as she looks at her face. How heavy her body feels in despair. In all her years, Ruka has not seen her like this before..

So the rumors are true. The vampires were in a rally of what Zero did. But she didn't think Kaname would lock Zero away. She could care less, but with him making Makeda happy, Ruka tolerated his presences. In all honesty, she wished he had punished him with him drinking her precious blood. "OH RUKA!" She gasp at a embrace from Makeda. "Zero.. and Yuki. I just know what to do!!" Ruka drops her umbrella and immediately wrapped her arms around her waist, heart fluttering at her touch.

Ruka also knew that Kaname rejected Yukis affections. And Ruka, like every other vampire here knows why. All because of this, beautiful, sinful creature she has in her embrace. 'Ahh, her scent..' She breathes in as she lays her head in Makedas curls. Ruka tried not to shiver as her chest pressed against hers. She didn't care about any of what has happened. Makeda came to HER for comfort and support. No one else. That alone is a small victory for Ruka. She sighed longingly as Makeda feels so snug in her arms. 'Should I just bite your pretty little neck already to mark you as mine?' She caressed the trembling womans back to comfort her. Though it does pain Ruka to see her warrior upset; her strong aura dissipating is not like her."Makeda.. It'll be alright. If anything, he'll be fine." She knows Kaname won't kill him as much as he wishes to. Makeda and Yuki cherishes him. Rukas heart jumped as Makedas brown tear filled eyes look at her. God, those eyes even when they are in sorrow can draw anyone in. "Really Ruka..?" Ruka nods, let's out a breath, leaning in and putting her forehead against hers. "Makeda.. I have a question. What do you think of me?" Makeda gives Ruka a small smile. "What do you mean? You're like a sister to me. My best friend." Makeda noticed Rukas expression changed to disappointment. "A friend, huh? I suppose you would say that.." The rain slowed down to a stop, both women soaked to the core. "Ruka?" The African warrior touched the vampires cheek in concern. She looks so hurt, did she say something wrong?Ruka suddenly put both hands on Makedas cheeks before leaning in and pressing her lips to hers. Makedas eyes widen in shock as Ruka pulls away and quickly walks back to the dorms hiding her pained face. And as the sun peaks from the clouds, Makeda is starting to dread her feelings. Dreading the words that whisper from Rukas mouth as she walks away.

"Makeda..I love you."

Thanks for reading!