Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 36

"MAKEDA! You can't move! The drug is dangerous.. It could kill you!!"

Ruka begs and holds the warriors hand in hers.  Makdea gently pulled away, her eyes glowing with a gold color. Rido noticed her standing and tosses a unconscious Aido to the side. "Ahh My Kitten.. Are you finally giving in and submit into my arms?" She was silent with a blank expression but continued to walk to him. The action shocked all of the vampires. Yuki shook her head in disbelief as she sees her sister reach up and caress his chest. "M-Makeda?" Rido's arms were quick to wrap around her, laughing at the agonizing pain on the male vampires. He holds her head as he turns to Kaname. "It seems the Queen has made her choice!!" He cackles away he holds the unresponsive woman. Zero shakes his head slowly going to the pair. "M-Makeda.. What the hell is going on?" He couldn't see her face, and that made his heart sank further. Why wasn't she saying anything? Was.. was she brainwashed? She has to be!! Zero points his gun at him, gritting his teeth before backing away from one of his attacks. His arm was cut up, blood seep to the floor and his gun was dropped to the floor. Rido's fangs appeared, sliding Makadea's hair away to reveal her chocolate colored skin. He tilts her head back to show her neck to him, his eyes widen in excitement and lust.

 "Once I suck your blood Kitten, A KING WILL BE BORN TO RULE-!!?" 

Ridos breath was taken away as a arm pierced through his chest. He gagged out blood from his mouth as he looked down at her ferocious glare. She savagely pulls out her arm, his heart in her hand. Makeda leaned in to whisper in the sinking vampires ear. "I NEVER needed a King to rule MY kingdom.." She stepped away as he falls to the ground in between her feet. He begins to chuckle, looking up at the black woman with his heart in her hands. "Aahh.. So lovely..." Ridos rose to his knees, looking up at her with a sickly love. His body was slowly turning to dust but his arm reaches and takes her other hand to kiss it. "Even as I die in your hands.. You still.. takes ones breath away.." Dust flew through the air, Makeda shaking her hand of the dust. Looking up into the sky, the stars fading as the sun was rising. Her body was drained, her vision was fading in and out as she stumbles foreword. She felt arms wrap around her as she heaved a heavy sigh.

~~~~

The leaves around the school began to change color, signaling the change of the season to fall. Day Class students clamber to their next classes. "Alright settle down!" A teacher calls to calm the young ones. "Now I will proceed with rollcall.." He calls each name down the list, old eyes squinting at a name he still has a hard time saying even after 2 years. "M-Makeda?" He nods in approval at himself, waiting for her reply.  He looks up through his glasses, seeing that her seat was still empty. "Has anyone SEEN Makeda?" Students shake their heads and whisper, wondering as well. The teacher hums and crosses the name off, wondering in the back of his mind of where she could be. He knows that she and the other two were in the Committee, but Makeda was ALWAYS on time. Always there for on the quest for knowledge and attentive to his teachings. But.. It's been a week and he has not heard anything. As he continues on with class and goes further down the list, he has the slightest hope that his top student was alright. 

~~~

Even though it was a calm day, the Night Class dorms were dreary and lifeless. The students of the night continued their day, but everything seemed empty. Kaname made his way down into a underground chamber, opening a large wooden door and walking inside. A few vampires surround a large king size bed, the youngest of them all holds a woman's hand. Her brown eyes that would be warm and bright were dark and filled with sorrow.  Another woman sat on the other side, getting up reluctantly and moving away as Kaname walks closer to the black womans side. His eyes were glistening, leaning down to kiss her cool forehead. A silver head vampire held her other hand tightly, rubbing it in his and squeezing his eyes in pain. Trying to see if any of his heat could warm her up, praying that she will rise. She remains motionless, her body was cold and stiff.

 But faintly, oh, so faintly..

They can hear a heartbeat.