The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 21

The secluded disciplinary gym that was hidden from the day class was filled with intense tension. The African warrior threw a finishing punch at the punching bag, beads of sweat fall from her forehead. Her natural curly hair tied in bun and out of the way so she may focus on the training. In her gray sweatpants and a orange sports bra, she got back in a fighting stance. She threw a roundhouse kick, a punch, a dodge. Her moves going faster as her eyes look like those of a cheetah.

She has to clear her head..

Makeda, you're gorgeous..

She's got to clear her mind..

My Queen..

SHE HAS TO!!

"Makeda?!"

She whirled and quickly stopped herself from punching the panicked Yuki. "Oh! I'm so sorry, Yuki. What is it?" Yuki pointed behind Makeda. "The punching bag is stuck in the wall!!" Makeda followed her finger, sulking as the statement was true. It was torn beyond compare, embedded in the wall. She sighed and held her head. "It was time to get a new one anyway. I dont know what to say to Chairman about the wall.." Concerned, Yuki put a hand on her shoulder. "Is everything ok? You've been acting strange since you came back." Makeda let out a sigh. She's having a hard time hiding her emotions lately around others. Yuki is always quick to find a change in her. She must not make her worry. "Yuki.. Have you confessed to Kaname yet?' Yuki stepped back in shock as her face turns beet red, waving her hands in embarrassment. "W-What!? Where did that come from!? No way, no no no!" Makeda smiled softly, patting Yukis head. "You should eventually. Have confidence! Who knows perhaps he will say 'yes'!" Makeda walked past her, a unreadable expression on her face.
"Makeda..?"

'It is better this way.'

~~~~

The warmth of the summer night calls more and more people out to town. Makeda on alert shook her wrist, her bangles jingling filled her ears like music. 'There is no more I am sensing..' She just killed another level E vampire, this making it the third one tonight. It's even harder when more witnesses are around. She could not count how many times she had to use hypnosis on humans that were in the wrong place. She nodded her head at a vampire couple that seem to look at her mesmerized.  She suddenly looked up at a café on her right, pastries lie in the window. Her stomach growled as her feet lead her inside, the smell of espresso filled the air. She ordered a latte and a piece of chocolate cake for a little snack. 'It should be safe for a break!' Sitting down, she excitedly picked up her fork.

"Makeda?!"

She stopped her movements as a familiar face came up to her with a flashy grin. "I know that scent of blood anywhere! Hi you sexy thing, you!" Makeda shushed him as he sat across from her. "Aido! Please watch what you say!"

Aido leaned back in the seat, shrugging his shoulders

Aido leaned back in the seat, shrugging his shoulders. "Don't worry about it! What are you doing here anyway?" She sat her fork down and crossed her arms, a scolding look plastered on her face. "I just finished my work. Speaking of, aren't you supposed to be in class?" The blonde vampire scratched the back of his head. "Aww, come on Makeda! Go easy on me! I had a appointment and I was excused! " He then took her fork and scooped up a bit of cake. She looks at him flustered as he held the fork up to her mouth. "Now say 'aaah!' My darling!" She opened her mouth to question him, only to have the cake put in. "There! One for you," He took a bite for himself. "And one for me!" Makeda let out a breath through her nose as she chewed. "So! Hopefully you'll make it to the ball? I can just picture it now!" He sighed dreamily as he put a hand on his cheek as she sipped her drink. "Both of us dancing in the moonlight, you offering your blood to me and we finally make love in the sheets!" Makeda coughed on her latte at his words, a playful smirk on his face. "A-Aido! Don't be ridiculous!" He laughed, taking another piece and putting it to her lips. "You have the cutest reactions." Makedas cheeks warm up as she took a bite from him. Makeda gasped as he leans in and licked the side of her mouth. "There was some chocolate. Don't worry, I got it off!" He says innocently as he licks his lips. She was going to yell at him before suddenly notices that some were glaring. Aido waved his hand, taking another bite of her cake. "Don't worry about it. They're jealous because I'm with a beautiful woman." Makeda looked at him, sighing as he gave her another bite.

'Most of them are Vampires, Aido..'

~~~~

Kain was waiting at the gates once they returned. Makeda wiggled out of Aido's arm wrapped around her. Aido frantically waved goodbye as Kain pulls him by the back of his collar. "Sorry about the trouble, Makeda. Let me know if him or anyone bothers you.." He patted Makedas head before hardening his gaze at Aido. "You idiot. I got yelled at because of YOUR actions.. Now its your turn." Both of them continue to argue before disappearing into the night class building. Holding another cake that Aido bought for her to go, she walked to the day class dorms tiredly.

'What should I.. do? I can't seem to clear my head.'

Thanks For Reading!