The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 24

Makeda held on to the fabric of her black and gold dress behind her, being careful as she made her way to the grand ballroom located at the night class campus. Other groups of the day class heading in the same direction with enthusiasm and excitement, her form tensing as two women having a spat. 'Remain calm...' She thought to herself, her large golden hoops caressing her cheeks as she turned her attention to the entrance. The doorman, a black haired vampire paused as he glances at her in awe, his chest rising and falling at the sight. "Good evening, my lady." He bowed quickly, Makeda holding her hands up. "O-oh good evening! Thank you for this, but you don't have to-"

"Makeda?!"

She looked inside, feeling relaxed at Takuma heading her way. He stood in front of her for a moment, taking in every detail he could of her captivating form.

Is... She a Goddess?

"Takuma?" His eyes looked to her plump, glossed lips calling his name that was music to his ears. He quickly looked away realizing where he was and what he was doing. "You look.." He choked out, his body hot and mind screaming for him to scoop her up in his arms. To take her away and bestow all of his kisses on her entire being before tasting her blood. To feel her chocolate colored skin on his as he makes love to her.

"Youlookgreat!" He rasped out, horrified of how his voice sounds. 'God, I sound like a fool!' Takuma felt her soft hand on his, the touch sending shivers op his spine. "You don't look good. Are you alright?" Makeda was concerned, he wasn't looking at her and seeing his form tense up so much worried her. "I'm fine!" Takuma gave a closed eyed smile as he grabbed her hand and pulled her inside the building. Makeda smiled softly at the beautiful light and soft music playing. The décor reminded her of a fairy tale book that Kaname read to her. "So beautiful." Makeda gasps, causing Takuma to smile. 'Not as breathtaking as you..' He squeezed her hand tenderly, wanting so much to tell her what he thinks, what he FEELS.

"Ichijo."

He quickly removed his hand from hers, standing up straight. Makeda sees Kain waking to them, hands in his pockets. "Wow..." He breathed out as he looks at Makeda up and down. "Oh Kain... What is it?" Ichijo has a hint of irritation in his voice, which Makeda never heard before from him. Kain ignores him, taking Makedas hand and twirling her, her dress flowing perfectly with her movements. She gasped as she was pulled closer to him with his arm wrapped around her waist. Heat spreading on her cheeks as he raises her hand to his lips, giving the top a kiss. "Don't you look sexy, Miss Disciplinary Committee?" His eyes never left hers as they darken with mischief and need. Kain was yanked away by Ichijo, with them suddenly walking away from the flustered warrior. "I'm sorry, Makeda! We'll talk later ok?!" Ichijo waved franticly before the pair disappeared around a corner. 'What on earth..?' She was so confused until her eyes spotted silver hair leaning against the wall across the dance floor. "Oh! Zero!" She called, but it seemed he did not hear her as he got off the wall and walked towards the back. Makeda held her dress up as she goes, hoping to catch up.

~~~

"Let go of me."

Kain snatched his arm away, irked at his interruption with his temptress. Ichijo gave a warning glare to him, his green eyes not so light and playful. "YOU of all people should know the rules. The CONSEQUENCES." Kain rolled his eyes and bumped into him harshly. "You should know too. Let's get this over with." Ichijo sighed heavily at the thought. He knows too, damn it. He rubbed his face with his hand at a previous conversation with his grandfather.