Prey Attracts the Predators Chapter 37

The Pureblood vampire walked down the hall of the day class halls. He nods to the girls that called to him and waved. But to him, they didn't matter to him, no other woman mattered to him but one.

He thanked the stars above that Makeda is alive.

The Warrior that held his heart in a tight grip is still in some sort of animation, however. No matter how many kisses he laid on her cold lips, no matter how many caresses he gave her cheek, she still laid in rest. Her vitals were low but still of normal readings. Kaname had doctors check on her twice a day, with one on standby if something happened. He opened the large double doors without a single knock as he enters the Chairman's office.

"Kaname..."

The Chairman leans back in his chair in sorrow, just as lost as the vampire was with the situation at hand. He wants nothing more than to have her daughter back, for things to go back to normal. Everyone took a hard hit after the battle. "Her vitals were normal today as well. It seems she can take fluids well." Kaname crossed his legs, chin his hand. Kaien rubs his head tiredly. "How is my Yuki doing?" The pureblood nods to him. "She is doing well. Yuki is getting used to her new life as a Kuran." Kaien nodded and removed his glasses. Once she found out Makeda was in trouble, Yuki confirmed to both of them that she was indeed Kaname's sister. She 'awakened' and already turned into a full fledge vampire. He knew she was down in the night class basement, waiting for Makeda to rise once more. Both men sat in silence, running out of options on what to do.

~~~~

"Zero."

The silver haired man raises his head, nodding for the young vampire to continue. "I think she moved a bit!" He tries to hide a smile at Yuki's sudden excitement, getting up from the chair he sat on next to Makeda's bed. "You think so?" Yuki lays her head back down next to her, disappointedly sighing before her eyes follow Zero. "Are you going to hunt all night again? You know you need to rest." Zero slips on a trench coat, guns strapped to his hips. If he even tries to rest, he'd just go straight to Makeda's side. Waiting for her beautiful eyes to open, to hear voice again. "Make sure you take the blood given to you. I'll bring you something back..." He waves and shuts the door behind him. Yuki shakes his head before turning to Makeda. "Everything is just wrong without you. Zero is out all night long." She snuggled closer to her, wrapping her arms around her cold form. "Please, sis. Please wake up, Makeda."

Makeda...

Makeda..

Majesty!

~~~~~~

"YOUR MAJESTY!!"

Brown eyes shot open and stare at a ceiling of a white canopy bed. She sat up and sees herself in a white king-sized canopy bed. Her form covered in sweat and breath uneven as she scans her environment before landing on a silhouette of woman bowing through the curtain. "My apologies, but it is time for you to rise." She scrunches her eyebrows in confusion as the woman pulled the curtains to the side. Her eyes widen at familiar dirty blonde hair and hazel color eyes who is dressed in a long white dress with a gold belt. "R-Ruka?" Makeda croaked before holding her throat in pain. "My Lady! Are you alright?" She rushed to her side, holding her close. Makeda flushed in her arms, trying to absorb her surroundings. The room was large and clean, the marble columns seem to have ancient drawing and strange hieroglyphs imbedded in them. Makeda was pulled to stand slowly. "Did you have a nightmare? I hope you're not sick! Come, let's get you in the bath and to the doctor!" Ruka looked around the warrior for anything out of place. Makeda was suddenly pulled out of the room and down the hall of what seemed to be a grand palace, rich with marble walls and large glass windows. Green plants are growing from the floor and the roof, colorful flowers align with moss. "Today, you have a meeting with someone from the North. Although, I fear he is wasting your precious time, my lady! Shall I reschedule until you feel better?" Makeda still was in a state of confusion and shock. This place wasn't the Cross academy! Is she dreaming? But she can feel Rukas hand in hers, the smell of the beautiful flowers and the sounds of Rukas voice.

What in the world is happening!?

Thanks For Reading!