The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 38

The large double doors opened with ease as steam caressed Makedas skin. The luxurious bath was more of a large hot springs. Various colors of lotus flowers float on the crisp clear water. Makedas hand was pulled and she was led to the end of the bathtub. She was ushered to sit on a gold lounge chair as Ruka headed to a large shelf. "I had a servant fetch the palace doctor. She'll be here after your bath." She grabs a few bottles from the shelf and quickly made her way to the flustered black woman. "Now my lady..." her hand caresses the soft skin of Makedas thigh. Her eyelids lower with a glint in her eyes.

"Shall I undress you?" Her voice was breathless causing Makeda to hug herself, face warming at Rukas stare. A stare so familiar to her.

Eyes filled of desire.

"N-no I can.. on my own." Rukas shoulders sagged in disappointment before she nods. "Very well, my lady." She quickly turned around hands clasped behind her back. Makeda let out a shakey breath, wondering what the world is going on and when will she wake from this dream?! "My lady?" The warrior sheds her clothes, quickly covering herself with a soft towel. "Y-yes! I'm ready!" Ruka turned back around and giggled at the flustered woman. Taking her hand, she guides her to dip in the bath. Makeda seemed to melt as soon as her legs hit the water, sighing deeply at the warmth and the smell of the oils. Ruka went to work, brushing her hair and getting the tangles out with ease. Makeda cleansed her body as Ruka washed her hair, trying not to doze off at the deep scalp massage.

"My Lady. If I may..."

Makeda nods hums in response for her to continue. "Its just, you seem so troubled. You know you can always confide in me for anything. I feel as though you're pushing me away.." Once she washed the soap out of her conditioned curls, Rukas arms wrap around her shoulders. Her cheek on top of her head as she breathes in her scent. "Ever since I swore myself to you, I promised I'd always be there for you. Not only as your humble servant but a friend, a shoulder to cry on! So please-"

"AHEM."

Both of the women jump and faced the double doors. A fair woman with long white hair and wearing a light pink dress stood, an eyebrow raised and hand hiding a grin. "Pardon me. Did I interrupt something?" She was holding a bag in her hand, bowing at Makeda before she walks to them. "YES." Ruka hissed echoed through the spa, holding Makeda closer to her. The woman rolled her pink coloured eyes and shooed Ruka away. "Unfortunately, I am here on the job as the doctor and the Ruler of the North will be arriving shortly. He wishes to see the Queen and will not take no for an answer. So stop being a pervert and get the Queens clothes ready." Ruka mutters a curse in her direction before heading into another room. She sighs before turning to the black woman. "Good morning, My Queen." She holds her hand out for Makeda, "I received word you were not feeling well! May I examine you?" She is a gorgeous woman, skin so fair and hair so long. Makeda cautiously took her hand as she climbs out of the bath. The pale woman turns and hands a towel for her. "Tell me, any aches or pains?" Makeda grabbed the soft fabric and wrapped it around her frame. "No. I don't feel anything in particular at the moment.." The woman hums, taking a stethoscope from her bag. "Pardon me.." She says as she places the buds in her ears. She presses the cold metal to Makedas heart and asks her to breath in and out deeply. She listens, moving it to different parts of her chest before nodding in approval, taking off the stethoscope. "Any nausea, diarrhea or vomiting?" Makeda shook her head, the woman hums again as she feels underneath her chin. "Open your mouth please. Any sneezing or coughing?" Makeda shook her head again before she opened her mouth, the doctor examined before humming once more.

"Well Shizuka?" Ruka returned with a dress and accessories, looking warily at the doctor. The doctor ignored her glare and grabbed a notebook and pen. "Well your Majesty, as far as I could tell your physical exam is normal. And I see no lesions or wounds." She said absentmindedly, jotting a few things down. Her eyes look at her through her long eyelashes in question. "Perhaps, there is something wrong emotionally? You do seem out of it." Makeda stiffened.

What should she even say?

That this isn't the world she knows and she does not belong here?

Would they even believe her if she told them? Makeda knew it wouldn't sit well at all. What if they brand her as a imposter? "It's just a bit of morning fog. Nothing to worry about!" Makeda says with confidence.

If she could just play the part!

Just until she either wakes up or there could be some sort of clue to get her to return. Ruka touched her shoulder in concern, fabrc in her arm. Shizuka closed her book, eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean-?"

"Pardon my interruption, Your Majesty! Lord Kaname has arrived!"

Ruka made a face of annoyance and yells at the door. "Yes, yes! We shall be on our way in a moment!!" Shizuka puts her things back into her bag. "I will meet with you later this evening to follow up, My Lady." Ruka hurriedly fixed Makedas hair, adding a few lotus pins in her curls.

"Y-yes of course."

~~

*Looks from the whole in the ground*
Thanks for Reading always!