The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 15

Zero continued down the concrete of the small town, looking left and right for a reported level E vampire. Guns hidden in his coat, he knows he's grabbing attention from people, especially the women. Of course he pays no mind to them and tries to focus. He briefly thought of her, the African warrior that plagues his mind everyday. What is she up to? Where is she right now? Zero hopes to try and talk with her and beg for forgiveness. The lack of her and her voice is driving him mad. He suddenly looked to his left and notices a toy store. A big, tan teddy bear the size of a toddler sits in a display in the window. A blue ribbon wraps around its neck.

 It looked like the one Makeda gave to him long ago..

The young silver haired boy couldn't see her face, but he could make out brown tight curls behind the teddy bear. She's been trying to give him the bear for the past 20 minutes. 'She's persistent..' Zero huffed as she shifted, her arms still holding up the large bear for him to take. "Why do you keep trying to give this to me? I don't want it.." Zero's heart suddenly skipped a beat as the little Makeda looked over the bear at him. "You are sad. Teddy will help you smile! I want to help you smile!" She showed Zero a grin, teeth and all. Zero stared blankly at her. His hand reached out and patted her head.

He won't show it.

He won't show a small smile on his face.

"Thanks.."

~~

Makeda stood face to face to a teddy bear at the front gate. She couldn't see who was holding it however. It was almost as big as she was! "Makeda.." Her eyes widen in shock as Zero peeked out from behind the bear. His expression was solem, but changed into surprise when Makeda ran and gave him an embrace. "Zero-! Thank goodness you're alright!" Zero immediately wraps his arms around her, time seemed to stop as he held her as close as he could. "I'm sorry Makeda.. I'm so sorry."

~~~~~

The pureblood continued to look at the two from the window pane, his glare hardening at Zeros hand running through her hair. "Kaname, you should get some rest soon!" Takuma suggested, feeling the tense atmosphere deepen. He didn't have to look out the window to know why Kaname had a look that could kill. He did not flinch as the lightbulbs from a chandelier shattered one by one. "Oh Kaname.. Can you please try to control yourself? We just got those fixed!"

Thanks For Reading!