The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 10

Makeda moans in pain as Zero continues to feed from her neck. She had her hunch, but she just wasn't sure. His arms wrap around her, running his hands up and down her back. Perhaps to soothe her as he sucks her blood? It felt like an eternity but he finally releases, his head resting on the crook of her neck. "Makeda.. I'm so sorry. I didn't want this to happen to you-!" She puts her hand on his head much to his shock. Why is she always so gentle to him? Even after what he did, she should be pushing him away. She should be hating him! "Shh.. Do not speak.. Rest." His grip tightens as they sit, the full moon hiding in the clouds. Makeda hears Lily close by neighing softly.  "You're not afraid of me?" Zero already knew the answer to his question. "Of course I am, but I was more afraid that I would lose you, Zero.." Zero rose his head and faced Makeda, his face with a light flush as his heart thumped faster at her words. "I didn't know what was wrong.. Yet I knew that you were in pain. I felt helpless.." Makeda was getting tired, but she held on as she caressed his cheek. "You look much better than you did before, Zero. I'm happy I could help you." He leaned his head in the palm of her hand and sighed content. "I'm so sorry.. I didn't want to do this to you." Makeda shook her head, her tight curls following the movement of protest.  It was Zero's turn to cradle her much to her embarrassment. He shifted his weight as he leaned back, her body on his. But, she felt comfort and was glad she felt his warmth again. She squirmed as she felt a kiss to her forehead. "Zero?" He chuckled at her actions, thinking of cute she was. "Still so awkward.." Makeda huffed and tried to push him away. "Shh, relax.. I know you're tired. Just lay on me and rest." Zero smiled faintly and held her head. He could of sworn he saw a yawn, holding back the urge to kiss her again.  He stroked her curls as they laid in the hay, the movement making her drowsy. Both of them suddenly jumped at the dense, powerful energy as a figure stood at the doorway of the stalls. The horses began to whine and cry, staying away as possible. 

"Kaname..!"

Kaname's glare could freeze over hell and heaven itself. Lips a thin line and fist clenched; he is infuriated, Makeda can sense this. She must stop him, he is prepared to hurt Zero! "What have you done with her?" Kaname slowly began to walked towards them. Makeda pushed herself up and stood in front of Zero, both men shocked stares landed on her. The Pureblood looked at her before landing his eyes at Zero. Was that jealousy she can see in his eyes? Hurt? "Makeda, move out of the way.." Makeda weakly walked to Kaname and put her hand on his chest, his arms immediately wrap around her waist. "Kaname please.. It is not his fault! He is not well.. Please... you must help.." Makeda could not continue her plea as she fell into slumber in Kaname's arms. Lifting her up bridal style, he looked at Zero with the corner of his eyes with disgust. "Look at her.. You almost drained her dry, Zero." Zero gritted his teeth as he held his head in remorse, gripping the hay beneath. 'Makeda...!' 

"You are lucky that Makeda holds you in her heart.. Otherwise, I would have killed you by now."

~~~~~

She tossed and turned restlessly unlocking herself from her sleep. Eyes open, Makeda quickly rose up in realization. Kaname... and Zero! 

Where is he? 

She looked to her left and noticed Yuki has fallen asleep next to her. She smiles softly and petted her head. "Mmm.." Yuki groaned and opened her eyes before gasping. She came up and hugged Makeda. "Oh thank goodness, you're alright!!" Makeda laughs as she pulled away holding her hands. "Yuki.. Where is Zero?" Yuki smile fell and looked at her sadly. "He is locked up in his room and won't come out. I've tried to get him to talk but he hasn't said anything.." Makeda sighed and held her head. "What have I done? This is a mess.." Yuki grabbed her adopted sisters hand. "No, its not your fault, Makeda!" The said woman gets up slowly. "I need to speak with him." 

"No you don't, young lady.." Both of them turned to the Chairman himself as he stood at the door. "YOU need to rest! Give him some time.. I'm sure he'll snap out of it!" His heart hurt at Makedas remorseful expression, a paper in his hand. 'There is a job that has to be done..'

Thanks for Reading!!