The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 18

Awkward silence..

That is what Makeda would describe the situation. It seems Yuki was oblivious to what happened and has not seen the blood or bite. Zero calmed his breathing and returned to normal. He scowled, upset that he was so close until he was interrupted. "What is it, Yuki?" Zero mumbled. Yuki put her hands on her hips, eyebrow raised. "Well SOMEONE is in a bad mood! What bit you in the butt?" Makeda covered herself more, still feeling frazzled from his sudden kisses. "The chairman has called us to his office for a surprise! ..Though his surprises are usually not that good." Yuki mused. Makeda nodded and headed to her room, avoiding Zero's stare. "Makeda, wait-" "I'll be there in a second! I have to get dressed!" Zero ran his hand through his hair and heaved a sigh. "Damn it.." Yuki moved closer and patted his shoulder concerned. "Are you doing alright?" He looked down at her before flicking her forehead.

"Yeah.."

~~~

"MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!!"

Makeda, after getting dressed and applying makeup to her wound, joined Yuki and Zero to her adopted fathers office. Chairman Kaien ran to hug Zero before he was stopped by his hand. "Enough already.. Why did you call all of us here?" Kaien pouted as he captured Yuki and Makeda in his bear hug grasp. "You're always so serious. Oh! That's right!" After releasing he went to his desk and sat down fixing his glasses. "So! You know that the Night class and Day class are always separated, right?" Makeda furrowed her brows, a gut feeling in her as if she knows where this is going. "Yeah that's right! Why?" Yuki asked. Kaien spreads his arms open in excitement. "Well, I put together a beautiful ball that the Night class AND the Day class can come together for the evening!!"

"WHAAAATT!?"

Makeda jumped at Zero as he slammed his fist through the desk splitting it in two, lilac eyes flaring with disbelief. "You can't be serious!? I knew that you're crazy but this is insane!"

"Zero!! Calm down!" Makeda hissed, her voice caused him to huff and step away. Yuki recovered from her shock at the news. "For once I'm with Zero in this one! Are you SURE? It could be dangerous!" Kaien face dropped as he looked at his broken desk. "That's the third one.. It's my favorite.." He perked back up as he continued. "Don't worry! Kaname approved and made sure everyone will be on their best behavior!" Makeda crossed her arms. "So, are you asking us to patrol at the event?" Her eyes widen as he shook his head. "Oh no! You guys are to take the night off! Enjoy yourselves! There will be food and entertainment, oh, it'll be fabulous!" Zero put his hands on the edge of the table and leaned forward. "What part do you think this would be a good idea?!" Kaien pouts again. "But you guys work so hard! You should relax once in a while." Makeda held up her arms, a serious expression on her face as her bracelets glow. "I don't mind patrolling.." She glances at Yuki and Zero. "It should be enough if it's just me. You all should take this day to relax!" She winked at Yuki, knowing she would love a dance with her crush. She blushed a bright red and slapped Makedas shoulder. "No, absolutely not." Zero moved closer to her, Makeda looks away from his gaze. "I refuse to put you in any danger.." He then turns and heads out of the office.

"I'll be on patrol. You guys have fun.."

~~~~

The African warrior took a walk, trying to breathing some fresh air. ' I must clear my head..' She brushed a few curls from her face. But how can she? Zero's voice, so husky as he whined to touch her. She shivers at the memory of what his lips, his touch and his tongue did to her body. Makedas face heats up, gulps in air and walks faster. 'Be calm.. Stop losing focus!!'

"Makeda!"

She made a yelp at a sudden embrace from behind. Perfume wafted in her nose as she sees long dirty blonde hair. "Ruka!" She turned and placed her hands on her shoulders as Ruka hugged tight. Makeda noticed that she was taller than her as Ruka looked down and grinned brightly. "I caught you~!" Makeda shut her eyes at a kiss on her forehead. She was suddenly pulled along, heading out through the front gate to a limo parked out front. "Have you picked a dress for the Night class ball?" Makeda eyes widen as she was pulled inside. "I- haven't. Where in the world are we going?" Ruka leaned back into the leather seat wrapping an arm around hers in a grip. "We are heading into town to buy you a dress!"

"What?!"

~~

There were an array of people out in the nightlife of the city and Makeda knew that most were vampires. They were of higher class, staying out of trouble and blending in to the human society. Ruka lead her along, hand in hers as they walked down the street. Makeda suddenly felt conscious of what others were wearing. She played with her uniform skirt as she heard whistles from a group of vampires. Eyes staring up and down at her as if she was their next meal. Makeda relaxed, gathering energy to accumulate in her anklets and bracelets, ready if she needs it to attack.

"Hey, sweetness! Come let me treat you to dinner!"

"Damn.. She looks so good.. Smells good too."

"I saw her first, you ass!"

Ruka quickly whirled around and bared her fangs, her snarl makes the group silent. She tugs Makeda along as she throws a glare at them. "Bunch of ruffians.. Stay close to me, dear. Oh! Here we are!!" Makeda gasped as they entered the small boutique, a variety of lavish dresses and accessories greet her vision. "Good evening, Lady Ruka. How may I help you?" A woman bowed to Ruka as they walked by. "Hmmm.. I'm looking for a dress for my darling here." The African warrior was hesitant and touched her shoulder. "Ruka! All of this is so expensive!" She blinked at Ruka tapping her nose. "And didn't I say in the limo 'Don't worry I got it?' " Makeda opened her mouth to protest again. "Ooooh! Let's try this one on!" She slumped her shoulders as Ruka pointed to one. The worker brought a tray of sparking jewelry to match.

'Oh dear..'