The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 23

(Makeda's Dress Above! The first one didn't show my apologies!)

"-Keda!! Makeda!! Please wake up!"

The said woman eye open wide and threw a punch before her wrist was grabbed. Her breath was ragged and eyes searching before they landed on lilac worried ones. Zero was holding Makeda and her hand on the ground in front of the academy.

But... how can this be?
How in the world did she get here!?

Its no good, she cant seem to remember anything except leaving to patrol. "Makeda! Are you ok?" Yuki sits on her legs in front of her, concerned. Makeda grunts trying to sit up. "Yes but.. Honestly I don't know how I got here." Makeda got up with Zeros help as she continued. "I don't remember anything except seeing a little boy.." Zero grit his teeth in anger, pulling Makedea. "I can sense a vampire!" Makeda grabs his hand to calm him. "It was a child, and it doesn't seem like I was harmed." Zero wasn't as calm as she would like but can tell his shoulders relaxed. "Please do not do worry." Makeda gasps as she suddenly was picked up by Zero. "Wha-Zero!" He looked to Yuki as he made his way to the dorms. "Go on ahead without me to the Chairman. I'll catch up with you later." Yuki nodded and ran to the chairmans building to report. Zero turned and walked to the day class dorms with the warrior in his arms. "Zero, please put me down!" Zero ignored Makedas pleas as he continued down the hall. They reached her room, Zero opens her door and closes it with his foot. He sets her down on her bed, leaning over her flustered form. "I'm sorry, but I need to make sure.." He whispers softly. Zero leans in and kissed her neck before he bites down. Makeda groaned at the feeling as he continued to feed, his hands hold hers with care. He released her, staring into her brown eyes before he crashed his lips onto hers. Her eyes widen in shock as Zero wraps his arms around her waist.

Zero.. is kissing her?

As quick as he did, he pulls away and rest his head on her shoulder. "Makeda. I was so worried..." Makeda returned the embrace, suddenly feeling sleepy but content. "You wouldn't wake up at first.. I was terrified." Makeda turns to look at him. His silver hair tickling her nose as he relaxes further into her embrace. "You seem to be untouched. But I don't know what I'd do if you were hurt." He raises his head, lavender eyes filled with something Makeda was still unsure of. Makeda averted her gaze to the tattoo on his neck, trying to ignore her fast heartbeat and his warmth. He smirks, kissing her nose before he rose from the bed. "Why are you just so.." Makeda tilted her head as she was pulled up to her feet, his hand in hers. "Just..?" He pulls her along as she pulls up her collar to hide his bite.

'Cute..'

~~~~

Yuki was sitting outside the dorms on a bench, deep in thought. She perked up as Makeda and Zero walk to her. "Makeda!!" She ran and hugged her tightly. "Are you ok?!" Makeda chuckled and patted her head. "Yes, I'm alright!" She released her and looked all over her for any signs. She sighed before smiling softly. "Alright.. If you say so." Makeda straightened as both of them look at the giant clock tower. The bell ringing signaling that it was 6pm.

It was time.. and Makeda is not sure if she is ready.

~~~

Makeda looked all over her body in the mirror as she slides her hands on her dress. Her face flushed as it hugged her body tightly. Gold drop earrings shine in the light on her ears. Her wild curls was straightend, making it longer than it usually was. She sighed as she walked to the window in her room and looked outside. Dozens of people lining up to go into the Night Class hall. Makeda wondered again if this was a good idea. Should she should just stay in her room. Zero is the only one on patrol and she feel awful about it. Her thoughts returned to the moment she and Zero had. Why does this happen and feels so right yet so wrong? She shook her head and puffed her chest with pride. She is a warrior, and will go into this as a battle. She unconsciously flipped her hair, strapped her black high heels and walked out of her room.

Although, in the back of her mind;

She feels like she will lose.

Thanks for Reading!