The Prey Attracts the Predators Prolouge

"It's alright now. No one is going to hurt you.." A man in military uniform picks her up and cradles her. The child blankly stared into the horizon of the Savannah, not saying a word even when they got on the metal monster. No one knows how long she had been out here, and how she survived in the wild. The nearest city was miles upon miles away. She glances at the scared lion pride she bonded with hiding in the brush.

As long as they were safe.

She was wrapped in many blankets, her eyes widen a bit as the chopper took off into the air. Wild game scatter away from the frightening craft. "It is amazing! How long do you think she's been out here?" The strange man shouted over the noise. "I'm not sure! She doesn't seem malnourished.. Let's take her to the nearest village and see if there is a missing child report!" The buzzing and static voice in the radio spoke. "Don't worry, we'll get you out of here." The uniformed man patted her head. She says nothing, here gaze continuing to look over the horizon out the window through her strands of tight curls. The sun seemed to have set into a new beginning.

And into a strange world.

~~~~

She silently looks at the two men conversing, having no clue what they are saying. They arrived at a building with many people alike. Children ran around outside, laughing and she was wondering what they were doing. A child approached her earlier only for her to give a growl, scaring him off. She hears a laugh behind her. The man with glasses and long hair looks to her and smiles. His skin was pale and smooth. He bends down to where she stood noticing her tense up and fist clenched. Both eyes lock on each other's for what seems like an eternity, making others in the room nervous. It was if they were having a conversation without speaking. He suddenly blinked to break the silence and holds out his hand. "You have been through so much? haven't you?" She slightly glares at his outstretched hand and back to him, still in silence. His hand still lingers in the air as he spoke; "it was if you called out to me my dear! It's strange how that works!" The man never waivers as she stares at him and his hand, contemplating, wondering. "Would you like to come with me? I will take good care of you! You will have a younger sister!" He asks as he comes closer. He winces and hears a few gasps as she bites down on his hand. Strong to leave a mark, but not as hard to draw blood. The man gives a chuckle, wraps his other arm around her and picks her up, her teeth still attached to his hand and addresses the other male.

"Where do I sign the papers?"

~~~

She slumbered after hours of traveling, still uncomfortable in her surroundings. It seemed she was in a moving animal. But it wasn't alive.. She had seen these before in the Savannah. People ride on them, wearing light clothes with a tiny box around their necks. Sometimes the box would click and flash when pointed at a lion or giraffe or any animal or place they see. When the opportunity arrived, she sometimes steal from them. Food, cloths, water, anything that could be useful. After a stressful time on what the man calls a 'airplane' and driving his car, she hears his voice."Wakey wakey! We are finally here!" She suddenly jumped from his voice and warily looked around. "Shh, it's alright. You are in no danger. I'm sorry I startled you.." She was picked up after he calms her down and carried out of the car. Her blank eyes suddenly sparkled at the towers in front of her. Greenery and buildings shes never seen before graced her vision. "Welcome to Cross Academy! You're new home!" The man grinned at her expression. 'This is the first expression I've seen from her other then her 'I'll bite you' face..'

"Chairman!! You're home!"

The man suddenly looks in front of him and sighed at the two figures approaching. "Yuki!! How many times have I told you! Call me Papa!!" She stared at the two that had walked up to her. A young girl who seemed to be a bit younger, with big brown doe eyes tilted her head as did she.

"Is this the child, Kaien?"

A young man with unusual red eyes and shoulder length brown hair question. "Yes this is she! She doesn't understand our language yet though.." She flinches and slightly glares at the young boy's hand reaching towards her.
"Ah wait! Kaname-"
It was too late as she bit down on his hand. "Kaname-Sama!" The young girl gasped and held his tail coat. The handsome man suddenly smiles as his other hand brushes her cheek, causing her to stiffen and release him. His eyes brighten the more he looks at her. Suddenly feeling warm and happy she is here. The young man is not sure why he feels this way as he pats her curls on her head. "I'm alright Yuki. She is just scared, It doesn't hurt." Kaien sighed before smiling and looking at her in his arms.

"You have much to learn.. Makeda Cross."

THANKS FOR READING!