The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 14

Makeda wasn't sure, but as soon as she returned to the academy, the atmosphere seems heavier. 'Did something happened?' Makeda thought as she looked around, staying alert just in case. Thankfully much to Shiki's protest, she was able to put her shirt and overalls back on. She clutched her bag close, the outfit she wore at the photo shoot inside. Shiki wanted her to keep it, the words he whispered in her ear before he walked away on repeat.

'I want to see you with that on again, Makeda..' 

Her body begin to quake, the places where he placed his lips were tingling. Makeda shook her head to focus on her task. The sun was beginning to set , so they should be out on patrol right now. Where was Yuki and.. 'Zero..' He must hate her now.. she felt like she has failed to protect him. Makeda dragged her feet towards the day class dorms. She gasps and backs around the corner as the said man came out of his dorm room. Zero paused and looked around. Did he notice her? "Zero!!" Yuki ran down the hall from behind him and slapped his shoulder. "You're telling me you haven't seen Makeda yet?!" Zero's face was unreadable at the mention of her name. "No.. I haven't.." Makeda unconsciously  turned and ran to the night class dorms her heart heavy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The young blonde turned the page as he continued to read his favorite manga. He suddenly jumped up at a soft knock at his door. A familiar smell has him jump up to fix his appearance. "Coming!" He opens his door and smiles brightly at the African beauty, trying to hold his posture. "Hi Makeda! What brings you-!" He suddenly frowns at Makeda's pained expression. She looked as though she was going to cry, and he hated it with a passion. "Makeda.. What happened?" Makeda let out a breath and looked into her friend's green eyes. "Takuma.." The blonde immediately opened his door wider. "Why don't you come inside? I'll make some tea.."

~~~~

Zero knew she was there, hiding behind the corner. He knew she was hurting, and he wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms. But how could he? After what he's done to her? Zero held his head in his hand, glaring at the concrete below him. He can never live with himself after he tasted her blood. The forbidden liquid that flowed through her veins. If he didn't stop, he would have taken her then and there.

~~~

"So that's what's going on..." Takuma sat next to Makeda, handing her a tea cup. She thanked him and took it, moaning lightly at the smell of chamomile. "It seemed like there was a fuss, but I didn't ask around." Takuma eyes soften at Makeda, her gaze resting at her tea. "But I do know this: He doesn't hate you." She looked up at him, a smile so sweet on the vampires face. "I don't think ANYONE can hate you, Makeda! If anything, I'm sure he is upset with himself." He scratches the back of his head sheepishly. "To be fair, even high ranked vampires have a hard time to control themselves! It's just our nature unfortunately!" Makeda smiled softly and took a sip. "Do you have a hard time, Takuma?" He coughed nervously and looked away. A flash of Makeda on the cover of Shiki's magazine comes to his mind. "Ahaha.. I guess you can say that!" He then turns back to her and put his hand on hers. "But don't feel bad anymore, ok? Just give it time!" Makeda nodded as she finishes her tea and sets her cup on the table. Much to Takuma's surprise, she wrapped her arms around him in a embrace. "Thank you, Takuma!" She released him and rose from the couch. "O-of course!" His cheeks a light pink as she bowed slightly. "I must return, I have finished the book you let me borrow so I will give it to you when your class is finished!" She turned and walked to the door. "I'll see you later!" She waved, a big smile plastered on her face as she shuts the door. Takuma let out a breath he was holding and leaned back on the couch. Running his hands through his hair, her little moan she made earlier had his heart race. What OTHER sounds she could make for him? If she let him kiss her, touch her everywhere, what cute sounds would she make out of those plump lips? He groaned and stood, suddenly hot and needing a cold shower.

"I myself almost lost control.."

Thanks for reading!