The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 31

Tension, sheer tension filled the atmosphere surrounding the three. Makeda feels Aidos arms wrap around her waist and pulled closely to his chest. Kains eyes filled with fire glare at his cousins arms on her. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She shivered at his menacing growl as he stomps towards them. A flick of his hand made his orange flames dance, melting the ice around her. Aido scoffed."This isn't any of your business, Kain-!!" Makeda gasped in horror as Kain lands a blow on Aidos cheek, the punch sending him flying a few feet. "KAIN!!" She noticed him heading towards Aido, so she grabs his arm in panic. "Stop it! Please!!" He looks to her, anger still in his eyes before they soften at Makeda. He holds her by the waist and looks her over. "Did he hurt you, lovely? Bite you?" Makeda shook her head trying her best to hold herself together. He heaved a sigh of relief before releasing her, facing Aido who held his cheek. His wound already healing as he stared at the ground. "Hanabusa, what you were about to do would be the most stupidest thing you've ever did. Not only assaulting her but if you BIT HER-" Aido growled in frustration as he stood.
"DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES!?"
Aido shouted, running his hands through his hair. His teeth gritted in, as if he's trying to hold back his words. "You.. You feel the same way.."  Of course Kain feels it. His heart beating and feeling through his body. The desire and need to have this woman could terrify. Others question, but all that Kain knows is that he wants to be next to her, taste her touch her. He bit his lip and looks from her eyes, drawing blood as he fights the thoughts of kissing those soft lips. God, he sounds like Aido when he talks of making love and doing dirty things to her. A pervert, but he can't help it! Makeda sees Kains body stiffen. It was her turn to run her hands through her hair in frustration. "Please.. Tell me what must I do to stop this fight?! To stop hurting others!?" Tears fall down her cheeks as she begins to tire. Kains arms quickly embrace her, his lips press against her forehead. "Shh.. don't cry, darling. There's nothing for you to worry about. It's just a family spat.. Nothing your pretty little head needs to think about." His eyes widen as she gently pushes him away. Tears fell, but eyes harden as she looks at them. Makeda then turns and heads to the Day Class dorms. 

"Wait, Makeda!"

~~~

The Chairman jumped out of his seat at a frantic knock on the door. Setting down his papers, he yells 'enter!' His eyes widen at a flustered Makeda coming in swiftly. He gets up and go to her we he sees her eyes red and puffy. "What in the world happened?!" He reaches for the tissue box on his desk. "Let me wipe your tears-"

"Kaien.."

He froze at his name called from her lips. Makeda only calls him by his first name when its serious. She looks at him with a hard stare and her fist clench. "Please.. I need to you to tell me: What is wrong with me? I know you know what is going on.." Silence first filled her ears before a heavy sigh escape his mouth. "Absolutely nothing is wrong with you, dear. Not now and back then." He removes his spectacles, ushering her to sit on his chair.  She sat down, eager to know what he knows. He walks to the window, looking up at the half moon shining back at him. "To be honest with you, Makeda, I still don't know why.. But you seem to attract vampires like a moth to a flame." He closes his eyes in deep thought. "I've never seen something like it. It was hard keeping your adventurous self close while keeping them away." He foes to her and squats to her level. "When they found you, you had those bracelets and anklets with you. It seemed to be depicting an ancient goddess." He caresses her cheek suddenly. "Was it something your parents left behind? Is it your blood?  I'm not so sure..." She looks down in disappointment. "So.. It's a curse that I have.. I'm a curse." Kaien shook his head as he runs his hand through her curls before putting it down on her hand. "I don't think so! I never thought of you as anything but a blessing, Makeda! Ever since I saw you at the orphanage." She looks at him as he smiles brightly, giving her hand a squeeze. "In the end: It's all up to you. You are the master of your destiny, of your life. No matter what happens, I'll be there by your side. As well as the people that love you." Makeda sniffled before jumping into his arms to hug him. "It's hard right now but you're my warrior! I know the truth will come clear to you.." She releases him, both of them giving each other a hopeful grin. Makeda suddenly jumped up, her form doing a violent shiver before looking out the window. 'What is this? This feeling..' She thought. "Makeda? Whats wrong?" The Chairman holds her hand in concern. "I don't know.. I feel as though.. Something is coming!"

~~~

A long black limo drives down the long road before stopping at the curb. The driver gets out and opens the passenger door. A figure steps out, shutting the door and fixing his tie, his black suit crisp and clean. Running his hands through his mahogany hair, he walks through the gate. His eyes open, icy blue and garnet red filled with need and lust looks to the Day class campus. 

MAKEDA.. I'M COMING FOR YOU, MY LOVE.

Thanks For Reading!