The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 13

A snarl escapes the vampires lips as she threw the magazine in the garbage, not before ripping out her picture. Her expression was enticing, that she couldn't help herself. 'That bastard!' Ruka should have known one of them was scheming! Trying to get close to Makeda.. trying to leave their mark! She would have never guessed that Shiki made a move so quickly. The picture of him with his hands on her body and lips on her neck makes her blood boil! This is turning out to be a problem.

Who else will try?

Ruka looked at the picture of Makeda she tore out of the magazine, before placing it next to a framed picture. She smiled at the little Makeda and her in the photo, holding on to her as the younger Ruka held her. Both of them had cheesy grins on their faces.

'Makeda..'

~~~~~

"My lady Ruka. It has rained outside and is quite dirty outside, Are you sure-"

"I'm fine.."

The young vampire scoffed at her maid before getting out of the limo. It was a damp, humid evening with the sun barely poking out of the horizon. She just needed to get away, to take a breath. She walked down to the stables, the horses grazing in the fields. Sighing, she just felt like she needed something.

Something different in her life.

Her master Kaname that she had feelings for, pays no mind to her.. So why does she even bother? Ruka perked up at a noise in the distance. Looking closely, she made out what looked to be... A human child? Suddenly curious, she opened the gate and walked to the kid, careful of the puddles. She scrunches her face in disgust as the young girl puts another mud patty on top of the other before looking up at the vampire. Ruka eyes widen as the little girl offers her one of her patties. Silence passes in between her and the child. Ruka is the first to speak, her heart suddenly feeling whole. "Is..that for me?" She asks, wondering. The little girl nodded, her tight curls follow with her movement. Why is she even talking to this kid? And why in the hell is she taking the pie? "Uh.. thank you..?" The little girl, who looks of African descent, gave her a happy smile. Ruka's chest seems to tighten at her smile. What was that?? This feeling? The little girl tried to get up, but suddenly slips, grabbing the shocked Ruka with her! Ruka paused, compreheanding what has happened. She is in a mud puddle, covered in mud with a worm on her dress. She slowly looked at the girl, snorted, and begins to laugh. The girls smile turned into laughter as well, the sun finally setting on the two mud covered forms.

~~~~

"NO!"

Ruka sighed and held her head in frustration. "Whether you like it or not, you are getting in the bath!" The little girl undressed, shook her head and pouted; No. Ruka huffed, undressed herself, then picked up the child and sat down in the bath. Of course NOW she doesn't put up a fight.. Ruka will admit, This child is STRONG.. She had to drag her down the hall while sneaking past the other vampires. The mud seemed to have masked the child's smell; no one noticed her at all. Her thoughts were interuppted as the girl tried to eat the bubbles, curious. Ruka stiffles a laugh when the girl made a face. "What is your name?" Ruka asked as she begins to scrub the caked mud off of the child. It was soft.. but Ruka was able to hear her voice.

"..Makeda."