The Prey Attracts The Predators Chapter 39

The warm breeze flowed into a large throne room of beautiful marble. The light was dimmed with candlelight as night began to roll in. The workers and attendants that arrived at the large court were uncomfortable at the tension in the air.

And for good reason...

The group that entered seemingly demanded attention. The women in awe at their beauty and grace. Dressed in black gothic style and skin fair. However, nothing was more intimidating than the two men that stood in the middle of the court. A silver haired soldier and the Ruler Of The North. Staring each other down as if they were ready for a duel.

"Zero.. How unfortunate that instead of beauty to grace my eyes, I had to see you first. Have you been well?" The gorgeous brown haired man greets him. His eyes look him over, a deep brown but seemed to glow red with disdain at the soldier. The said soldier places his hand on the hilt of his sword, a glare in his lavender eyes. "I've told you and I will continue to tell you, Lord Kaname: My Queen is sick." He spats, seeing that his group was getting closer with a warning. "I will not allow her to push herself." The king held his hand up, having his wary guards to stand down. "I was not aware of the upsetting news. If she would allow it, I will order my best doctors to tend to her." Zero grit his teeth and opened his mouth to curse him, before all froze at the sound of a gong. With swiftness, everyone moved into place and bowed on their knees.

"HER MAJESTY, QUEEN MAKEDA, HAS ARRIVED!!"

Makeda behind the curtains breathed in and out. "Let me know if you feel sick again My Lady, and I will guide you away." Ruka whispers in her ear, squeezing her hand before going through. 'Calm down.. and play the part.' She held her head high, Ruka hold the curtain for her to walk through. She made sure not to be rattled at so many familiar faces! She tried to keep her heart still, wanting desperately to talk with them. But this is not her world.

They weren't Ruka, Zero or Kaname that she knew.

The Night Class wouldn't even know if she went to them.

Ruka guided her to the golden throne, Makdea feeling the cold, precious metal as she sat on a red velvet cushion, confirming to her it was real. Ruka stood beside her, her eyes glowered at the men and women of Lord Kanames court. Seeing their eyes gaze at her Queen with longing and desire. A light blush on their faces as they traced her curves. 'Heathens.'

"You may rise." Makdea made sure her voice carries as she nods to everyone. Zero stands, but continues to lower his head to her. His armor was silver and light to maneuver, a lavender rose emblem on his chest. "I am relieved to see you, My Queen. Are you faring better?" Zero looks to Makeda, a faint smile and lavender eyes shine at her. It's familiarity helps her be at ease. "I am. Please, raise your head." Zero bows once more and went to the bottom of the steps to her throne, concerned but heeding his Queens words. He knows something is wrong, he'll just have to ask her later. 'If only the blood sucking leeches would go away..' He thought begrudgingly.

What shocks the servants and workers of the palace, is that even Lord Kaname bows every time in her presence, though he himself is a ruler. There was no hiding it, everyone in the royal court knew as the Queen did not.

He is madly enamored with their Queen.

"Good evening, Your Majesty." Kaname stood, his voice smooth making her shiver. His voice, so deep awakening the memories of his kisses and touch. "I am glad you're doing better. I'm so sorry I arrived on such short notice. I just wanted to give you my report." He rose, holding his hand out for a familiar, neatly blonde man to hand over paperwork to Ruka. She briefly scans it, her eyes widening the more she reads in shock.

"Rido took over the forest fleet in the northeast?!"

Gasps and panicked murmurs fill the court. Makedas stiffened at the familiar name. Remembering the vicious battle he committed and what he's done. 'He's here in this world?' She couldn't get the image if him, eyes darken as he kissed her skin. She sees Zero tense and face contorted in anger. "He's throwing a tantrum to get what he wants, huh?" More and more voices begin to arise from the terrible news.

"The corrupt vampire king?!"

"That beast destroyed our trade route and the poor village along it!"

"Everyone. Be still."

All turn to the Makeda, who was surprised at her own words from her lips. She let out a breath, addressing Kaname to continue. "If you will allow, I have 20,000 of my men ready to defend your land." Armor clangs as Zero takes a step forward. "We do not need your help. My men are far more capable in ANY situation." The air seemed to freeze, Kanames eyes begin to glow a deep red. Makeda knew that look very well.

He was getting pissed.

Makeda suddenly clutched her head in pain, a voice calling her name sweetly rings in her ears. "My Lady?!" Ruka rushed to her side, holding her hand. "I believe we shall discuss this after Her Majesty is feeling better," Kaname walked towards the throne before Zero stood in his way. "We will meet in the dining hall for the preparations."

Makeda didn't see, but Zero lips formed a smirk.

Thanks For Reading!