Chapter Forty-One

Alice's eyes widened as she turned her head to face Tom, cocking it to the side.

"What?" She asked. "What happened?"

"Jack emailed her and told her about us. She told me that I could continue to work there if you wouldn't be on campus when I was. She gave me a choice and I chose you. I'm always going to chose you. I quit."

"Tom, are you serious? You love your job! I would never ask you to quit because of me."

"Alice, that part of my life is done."

"How are we going to make money?" She questioned him.

"Alice, we're getting a hundred thousand dollars from your parents, Tom raised his brow at her. "I think I'm going to make a theatre company."

"What? How are you going to do that?"

"I Still keep in touch with my friends from my college years and I can reach out to recent alumni of the college. I'll be the director... and you can be my lead actress."

"Tom, please. Do you know how long it will take to even get something like that going?" She retorted.

"So, I'll find a job somewhere, maybe at another college, until I can get things going."

"I'm just so confused. Why would you... lead actress?"

Tom chuckled as Alice's brow furrowed.

"Yes, you would be my lead," He told her. "I know you miss it and I want to give that part of you back."

"But that would mean..."

"Yes. You'd have to leave the show."

Alice glanced down at her lap and thought about everything for a moment. She knew she wanted to be on a stage performing for audiences every night. It had been her dream and she promised herself that she would never let it die.

"The lead, huh?" Alice inquired. "Every time?"

"Absolutely." Tom smirked.

She reached over and took his hand in hers, squeezing it gently. She picked her head back up and her whole face lit up. Tom inhaled sharply, feeling his eyes well with tears. It had been so long since he'd seen that look. He wanted to remember it forever.

"It's a deal." She beamed.

The two shared a sweet kiss before turning their attention back to Phoebe.

"We're going to be an unstoppable duo." Tom remarked quietly.

"The Hiddlestons take the city by storm." Alice giggled.

"Our first show will be As You LIke It."

"We've already done that, though." She chuckled.

"Not with you as Rosalind."

"No! I may be your leading lady but Phoebe will always be mine."

The two laughed together as Tom pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Okay, you can be Phoebe. She's yours."

"Thank you."

Alice laughed softly as Phoebe moved slightly, letting out a few small whimpers.

"I can't wait to hold her in my arms. My sweet, little girl." Alice whispered.

"I know we always choose middle names as well. What was your choice for Phoebe?" Tom asked.

"Phoebe Parker."

"I love that."

"You do?" Alice smiled brightly.