Chapter Twenty-Nine

TW: Physical Abuse/Violence

 A few days later, Jamie had come over to prepare for her date. She went looking through Alice's closet to see if there were any clothes she thought would be best for their date.

"So, where is my brother taking you?" Alice asked.

"George is taking me out to a nice restaurant. Nothing too fancy but nothing too... cheap, you know."
"My first date with Tom was to a really nice restaurant."

"Maybe then it's a sign that my date will go really well tonight." Jamie chuckled.

Alice smiled as she stood from the bed and walked over to Jamie's side, looking through the closet with her.

"What kind of restaurant are we talking about? Do you think a casual summer dress will work or do you need something a little bit classier?"

"I don't think it's too fancy. He said just wear whatever makes me feel comfortable, so I think a nice casual look is best," Jamie explained. "And I don't think you actually talked to me about your first date with Tom."

Jamie raised her brow at Alice, earning a soft laugh.

"He said he was going to take me out on a proper date. So, he drove me to the restaurant, he opened my door for me and we had dinner at this really fancy place. Like, beautiful hardwood floors, these intricate chandeliers, and there was a fireplace right next to us. I remember I was so nervous because I didn't feel like I fit in there or actually fit in to his lifestyle, if that restaurant was any indication of the type of life he led. But, Tom did everything he could to calm my nerves, which included a dance. Now that I think about it, that was our first dance together as a couple," Alice remarked. "Afterwards, he drove me home, we walked around for a bit just talking and then he walked me back to Pierre and Cory's apartment, we kissed and that was that."

"Did you really like that? I mean, it sounds 'old-school.'" Jamie chuckled.

"Well, he was the one taking me out and that is his style, I guess."

"You think my style is 'old-school?'"

Alice and Jamie jumped as they saw Tom standing in the doorway with a smile on his face.

"You are older than me." Alice retorted.

"Yes, but you did enjoy the date as well as all the others ones I've taken you on." He smirked.

"That is true... unfortunately."

Tom furrowed his brow as he opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself seeing Alice laugh to herself.

"You still look cute all riled up." She beamed.

Tom sighed as he rolled his eyes before walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. He pressed a kiss to her temple and Jamie grinned seeing them interact together.

"I still don't get how after all these years you've managed to remain a cute couple." Jamie chuckled.

Alice chuckled lightly as she glanced down at her feet feeling Tom's hands slide forward to rest on either side of her belly.

"I guess we just found the right recipe for success, hmm?" Tom spoke, looking over the side of Alice's face.

"Yeah, I guess so." She replied quickly.

Jamie looked back into their closet as she furrowed her brow in response to Alice's answer.

"Well, I'll leave you two to it. Have fun on your date tonight, Jamie." Tom told them.