Chapter Thirteen

Knowing that Alice was still feeling a bit off, Tom decided to get her a pick me up before the appointment. Using the information he collected from the wedding planner, he drove down to the florist that Pierre and Cory had mentioned. Upon entering the store, Tom was amazed to see how well-organized it all was. What surprised him was seeing the names of the flowers with the meanings that they symbolize. He had never seen that before in the other shops he would go to. After a quick few minutes of browsing, Tom picked out a few red camellias and went to the cashier.

"Is this all?" The man asked.

"Yes."

"If you'd like, you can add a few others and I can make a bouquet."

"No, that's not necessary. Just that my wife has been a bit down so I wanted to cheer her up." Tom explained.

"That's wonderful. Do you shop for flowers often?"
"Mostly for special occasions, although I guess today is a special occasion."

"Why is that?" The man inquired, wrapping the flowers together.

"Well, I'm heading to our ultrasound appointment to find out the gender of our baby."
"That's exciting! Is this your first?"

"Third."

"Wow! How old are the others?"
"Five and three."

"You must have your hands full." The man laughed, taking the money from Tom.

"We manage," Tom chuckled. "But I do have to say. I have never been to a shop where the meanings of the flowers are written out."

"Oh, yeah, I've written them out."

"Really? Any reason?" Tom inquired.

"I've just always been interested in flowers. I can't explain why but it's what I fell in love with. They're kind of like this secret language that only a few know about. I can't tell you how many guys come in here to buy flowers for their partner who they wronged but they end up getting flowers that mean the opposite of what they're trying to say all because they just don't know. Maybe it's just me trying to save people from break ups." The man explained.

He handed Tom the flowers and Tom chuckled lightly, looking over him. There was something about him that just seemed so familiar.

"I'm sorry if this might come off weird, but have we met?" Tom furrowed his brow.

"I don't think so."

"It's just... I feel like I've met you somewhere before."

"I guess I just have that type of face." The man laughed.

"What's your name?" Tom exhaled sharply.

"George."
Tom felt his heart stop for a moment as he started putting two and two together.

"What's your last name?"

George chuckled awkwardly and began to stutter as he went to answer.

"Not until you tell me yours first." George spoke.

"Hiddleston. I'm a college professor."

"Okay. Mine's Sherbrooke. Local florist."

Tom smiled brightly and laughed to himself as he turned to the side. He couldn't believe it.

"I'm sorry if this is all strange but I have a reason," Tom told him. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah, a sister. Why?"

"Her name?"

"Alice."

"Alice." Tom whispered.