Chapter Six

Diana had Alice wait in her bedroom. As Diana walked her inside, Alice noticed the vase with gladiolus flowers on the nightstand. As she stared at it, Diana made her way to it, picking a few of them. Diana then got behind Alice and put them into her hair. Alice smiled brightly, fighting back her tears.

"Thanks."

"I'm so glad my son found you." Diana beamed.

"Well, I would say I found him." Alice scoffed.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that you both found someone you love with your entire mind, body and soul. That's rare."

Diana kissed her cheek and told her that Pierre would come get her when everyone was ready. As the sun started to set, Jamie and Cory went to work, turning on the lights and lighting the candles. Cory then took his place by the tree as Jamie waited on the patio for Alice to take her photos. Esther and Diana stood alongside the path as Tom walked down the steps, chuckling lightly hearing the shutter of Jamie's camera. He then stood next to Cory and clasped his hands together, fiddling with his thumbs. He glanced over at Cory and grinned.

"Are you nervous at all?" Tom asked.

"A little bit. You?"

"Probably a little bit more than you then."
The two laughed together and Tom felt his heart stop hearing the patio door slide open. As he turned to look, he saw Alice and Pierre, arm in arm, making their way down the steps. Tom caught Alice's eye and the two smiled brightly at one another, feeling their worries wash away. Jamie followed them along, capturing every moment possible. As soon as she reached the tree, Pierre kissed her cheek and took his place next to Esther. Tom put his hand out to Alice and she took it. She stood across from Tom, holding his hands, not ever wanting to let go. She then noticed the gladiolus flowers in his suit pocket and bit down on her lip, cursing to herself as a few tears escaped her eye. She chuckled lightly as Tom reached up towards her face, wiping the tears away. When she glanced up at him, she saw the tears in his eyes as he smiled down at her.

"She's here with us." He whispered.

Alice's bottom lip quivered as she couldn't hold back the wave of tears that flowed down her cheeks. Tom leaned forward to kiss her cheek when Cory put his hand between them.

"Not yet, Tom." Cory whispered, smirking.

Everyone shared a laugh before Cory began the ceremony. Shortly after, Pierre presented the two with their rings. Tom placed hers first and then Alice went. She struggled a bit and the two laughed as she finally managed to slip the ring on.

"I got you now." Alice teased, making everyone laugh.

"Now, do you, Thomas William Hiddleston, take Alice Sherbrooke to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Tom's voice wavered.

"And do you, Alice Sherbrooke, take Thomas William Hiddleston to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Alice beamed, squeezing Tom's hands.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife," Cory announced. "Now you can kiss her."

Tom hurriedly took Alice's face in his hands and pulled her into a kiss as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pressing them against his back. All the others clapped for them as the two shared a sweet and tender kiss. As they pulled back, the two gazed into the other's eyes and smiled brightly.

"We did it." Alice whispered.

"We did. We made it work."

"I'm your wife."
"I'm your husband."
The two giggled before sharing another kiss. When they pulled back, Jamie whisked them away to take photos of the two of them. Jamie captured their moments of laughter, love, and happiness before they all ate the meal Diana cooked for them outside. Tom and Alice then stood from their table and began to dance as Cory turned on his speaker and played some music for them. Tom held her right hand as his right arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her to him. He splayed his fingers against the open back of her dress, sending shivers down her spine. Alice rested her left hand on his shoulder and the two slowly swayed as they kept their eyes on one another. He then pressed his forehead against hers. Alice tilted her head up as his lips brushed up against hers, feeling his breath on her cheek.