Chapter One

Tom walked down the hall to his bedroom to get his phone. As he went to exit the bedroom, he heard the water running from the bathroom. He stepped through the open doorway to find Alice brushing her teeth. She glanced over at him and grinned, giving him a small wave. She then put the toothbrush down and held back her hair as she spit into the sink. She washed off the toothbrush and put it back into its holder.

"You look lovely this evening." Tom grinned.

"Well, I don't feel lovely." Alice sighed.

"You threw up?"

"Yeah, but I guess having a baby will do that to you."

"Alice, if you want to reschedule for tonight, we can. I'm certain that no one has arrived at my mum's yet." Tom told her.

"I'll be fine. I just won't eat much, maybe a few crackers or something," Alice replied. "We have to tell them soon. A pregnancy and engagement announcement all bundled into one. That's a lot to take in and when are we going to have them all in the same room again? I mean, this was so last notice, too."

Tom walked over to Alice and took her in his arms, running his hands up and down her back.

"I know. I was just asking. I couldn't care less about how we tell them anyway. I could call them and let them know if that meant I could be here taking care of you." Tom smiled brightly.

"That seems a bit insincere." Alice raised her brow.

"It may be but that means more time I get to spend with you."

"You know your mom is cooking for us all tonight. We have to go."

She laid a kiss to his cheek before pulling back from the embrace and walking into the bedroom. Tom followed after her as she grabbed her bag and put the strap over her shoulder.

"We ready?" Tom asked.

"We're ready." Alice replied, laying a hand on her belly.

The two got into their car and drove to Diana's house. They parked in her driveway and walked up to the door, ringing the doorbell. Diana answered it after a moment and her face lit up seeing the two of them. Alice clasped her hands together, doing her best to hide her ring.

"Come on in! Come on in! Alice, you look beautiful. Come in and sit down." Diana spoke quickly.

She ushered them inside and sat them down on the couch in the living room. She got a few snacks for them to eat as she helped them get comfortable.

"Esther said they'll be getting here in the next few minutes so just sit and relax. I'll be putting the finishing touches on the dinner."

"Do you need any help?" Tom asked.

"Thank you, Tom, but I've got it. You just sit down and relax." Diana walked back into the kitchen.

Alice began to munch on a few of the snacks, feeling herself settle. Tom looked down at Alice's hand and smiled seeing the ring on her finger.

"How are you planning on hiding it until we tell them?" Tom asked quietly.

"Probably just cover it with my hand. I don't think we have much of a plan going on as Esther was very concerned to know why we all had to meet together." Alice chuckled.

"Do we wait until after we eat or just pull the band aid off?"

"I think we should tell them about the engagement first and then about the baby after we eat. I don't think there's any way I'm hiding the ring at the table."