Chapter Ten

Upon arriving on campus, Tom put Daniel in a baby carrier on the front side of his body before making his way to the theater.

"Are you excited to see daddy work?"

Daniel kicked his legs, babbling and cooing as his hands wrapped around Tom's index fingers.

"That's wonderful. And I expect you'll have a lot to say about daddy's directing too."

Daniel blew raspberries and Tom laughed, throwing his head back.

"You haven't even seen it yet and you already think it's that bad?"

Stepping into the theater, Tom was the first to arrive. He set his things down in one of the seats and pulled out his binder. Looking over his notes, he chuckled lightly as Daniel tried reaching for the pages.

"No, these are important documents."

Tom chuckled as he took Daniel out of the carrier and placed him on the floor. Tom sat down in one of the seats as Daniel waddled up to him, pressing his hands against his shin. Tom quickly glanced down at Daniel and smiled brightly seeing him stare up at him, gripping his pants.

After a few minutes, Tom heard the auditorium doors open and placed his binder down next to the seat. A few of the students greeted Tom as they walked down the aisle.

"Before we get started, I have a special guest with us today." Tom announced.

He lifted Daniel into his arms and held him on his hip, laughing as the students all rushed towards him. They all either made baby noises or asked Tom questions about Daniel.

"Why is he here?" One asked.

"He's going to serve as our assistant director for today. Isn't that right, Danny?"

Tom pressed a few kisses to his cheek making the boy giggle as he bit down on his fingers. Daniel looked over all the faces of the students and smiled as he pressed his face against Tom's chest.

"He's a little shy right now but trust me... he'll have a lot to say once he watches you all perform." Tom joked.

The students all laughed and waved goodbye to Daniel as they walked up the stage to get to the dressing rooms. Tom then set Daniel back down on the floor near his seat and handed him a few snacks and toys to keep himself busy. Every now and then, Tom put his assistant director in charge for a few minutes as he would leave to change Daniel's diaper or if Daniel got fussy. At the end of the rehearsal, Tom got the group together and started a dance circle, wanting to end every rehearsal on a positive note no matter how terribly a stumble through or full run went. Tom held Daniel in his arms as the students danced one by one. He felt Daniel push against his chest and he let him down on the stage. Tom laughed loudly, throwing his head back as he watched Daniel waddle to the center. He began to bounce as Tom ran his fingers through his hair, putting it back in place. The other students cheered Daniel on and he laughed as he glanced over them all.

That night, Tom was in the living room on the couch reading a book. Alice, moments later, tip-toed into the apartment and closed the door behind her quietly.

"How was the show?" Tom asked softly.

"Good. Really good. Rehearsal?"

"Very well. Daniel seemed to steal the show during the dance circle."

"He did?" Alice giggled. "He went down well?"
"Had no trouble. He's been asleep for about a few hours now." Tom replied.

Alice sat down next to Tom and the two shared a few sweet kisses before Alice wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest. She moaned softly as Tom ran his hands up and down her back.