SPECIAL: PART SEVEN Dance with the Devil

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Where I come from, it is common courtesy to speak when you're spoken to, my healer." Dimentio's voice cuts through your thoughts like a serrated knife. You bite down on your lips, not allowing any noise to exit out of them. The rising tension in his tone told you that his patience was starting to run dry; however, even that didn't sway your conviction to not speak.

From the ebony plate, your two pools of color reflect back at you, dull. You grab the dinnerware, tilting it upward to get a better look at the state of your face. Light bags hung under your faded gaze. Scars showed worry and fear that have taken hold throughout this horrible, horrible "date". Your teeth grit as you let out a sigh. You keep wasting your energy on him and the hidden meaning of everything he does... It's starting to wear down your body.

You lower the plate back down to the table, but you pause, widening your eyes at its descent. The wretched clown's mask-like face shimmered back at you, his smile holding more tension than you were used to seeing in the jester. "Oh! The pain of being ignored!"

You quickly put the plate back down, averting your eyes from it. There was nothing you craved more than to never see that smug, pompous face of his. "Come on now... Are you really this upset..?" The liveliness of his voice was drowned out by a thick cloud of smugness that stuck under his skin and crawled around like an insect. "Ah ha ha... Don't you think that pretending to despise me is becoming quite the tired act? It was fun at first, but... I grow bored of it."

Blood freezes in you as every muscle in your body tenses up. That simple little line—something that was just a flirt in a hail of stupid loving words—crawled under your skin and stuck at your being like a parasite. Poison-laced gloves dance on your shoulder, tuck into your stomach as you can feel the brim of his mask-like face graze against yours. "You've played this part long enough, like a forty-year-old, washed-up, drug-addicted actor. It's time for a different role."

Your body shakes as your eyes narrow to tiny slits. Your hands tighten around your fork as you quickly lift it up, slamming it down on his offending hand, only for the appendage to disappear right before the fork would hit it. Your eyes widen as the fork goes down and hits your stomach, the tongs disappearing completely inside of it.

Shock grabs hold of your body. Did you just... seriously do that? You were so blind with rage that you didn't even think through your action before doing it. Oh God... A chorus of taunting laughter fills up your ears. "Aha ha ha ha!! I take it all back! You really can make an old routine feel like new again!" Mocking... You just stabbed yourself and all he can do is joke about it?

Your blood goes hot as you grasp onto the handle of the cutlery inside of you, tugging on it gently. A ripple of pain goes through your body that makes you wince. Yeah... That is not coming out any time soon. Your breath quickens, It was deep enough inside of you that it could have hit something.

"I know I said that you looked delicious but I didn't think that you would try a piece for yourself!" Your vein bulges in your neck just from hearing him try to tell another joke. How could he be acting like this in this situation? This is an injury; you would at least expect him to care..!

Jevil, regardless of all of his flaws, did care. He did worry about you whenever you fought for the first time. He wouldn't be just making jokes about the situation—he would want to help you. But... This? You force your eyes over to look at the jester. His smile was high in a smirk, a smug intrigue being all you could find in his pits of emotion.

This whole time you questioned if Dimentio actually liked you or not... Through his flirting and attempts at getting you, you never had that moment you did with Jevil. You remember staring down at him on his stage, when he looked back up with those heart-shaped eyes—he looked at you with love. When you got badly hurt fighting him, he looked panicked and worried; yet, here you see Dimentio... not caring in the slightest.