Chapter 26: A Second Kiss

Start from the beginning

        "W-Well I wasn't expecting her to tell you so soon...only a couple of days have passed since then," I said quickly, my face growing even hotter.

        "Wait...I was talking about on the Fourth of July. You girls kissed again?!" Fuck... I groaned, facepalming for not asking which time she was referring to, but it probably would have had the same outcome anyway. "Tell me what happened! You girls made up, right," Daia asked excitedly.

        "...not really. On Sunday we were training at the same time, but not together. She was doing her own thing and I was doing mine. Eventually we got into an argument...things were said, blows were exchanged and then she kissed me and ran off," I told her, nothing but silence coming from the other end as the human woman listened to my story.

        "She ran off? Why?"

        "I don't know...she apologized and said that she shouldn't have," I said with a shrug, slightly pouting.

        "Well, based off of your answer when I asked how the two of you were doing...you most likely haven't been on speaking terms until two days ago, right?" I swallowed silently, glancing around my room.

        "...yeah. I've been ignoring her pretty heavily..."

        "She probably thought that she was forcing herself on you too much and wanted to give you your space. (Y/n) doesn't like to be ignored for too long, but if the two of you haven't spoken since the Fourth of July and if she hasn't made any move to talk to you, she's just trying to give you the chance to not be angry anymore, ya know? So that y'all can talk it out. She usually likes to address problems head on unless she feels like her hands are tied," Daia explained. I sighed, running my fingers through my messy hair.

        "She didn't have to run away like that though...," I said quietly.

        "Why do you say that, Jasper," (y/n)'s mom asked with a light giggle. Her question caused my blush to come back, heating my cheeks up again.

        "W-Well—no reason really...I just feel as though it wasn't fair for her to do so." Bet she wouldn't like it if I did something like that to her, I think, crossing my arms and grumbling softly. She giggled again, sighing contently.

        "I'm sure she didn't intend to tease you like that, Jasp. You could always get her back though...but don't listen to me," Daia said with a devilish laugh. I sputtered, blushing profusely at what she was suggesting. "I've got to go now though, baby. I just wanted to check on you girls! Love you! Mwah," she said quickly, giggling before hanging up. I chuckled softly, my blush still very prominent. I looked at the time again, noticing that it was well after five-thirty. She should be home by now, I think. I decided to check downstairs really quickly to see. I got up and went to my room door, unlocking it and then peering into the dark hallway and down the stairs. (Y/n) was sitting on the couch watching TV in nothing but a pair of thigh-high socks and a baggy t-shirt. Her (h/c) hair was messy but cute, her bright (e/c) eyes flicking across the screen in front of her. I chewed on my lip, silently going back into my room.

(Y/n)'s POV

*reverse time skip brought you to by 'Drop Beat Dad'*

        You locked up the bookstore for the night, turning around to begin the walk home. You sighed quietly, eyes on your feet as you watched them move across the boardwalk. You had been avoiding the gem since Sunday, feeling as if the air between the two of you was even more awkward than before. Why did I have to kiss her, you think as you groaned, stuffing your hands into your pockets. "(Y/n)!" You turned upon hearing your name, raising an eyebrow gently. Steven was waving his arms in the air from down on the beach. You smiled softly, hopping down from the boardwalk and walking over to him.