Chapter 27: Three Is A Crowd

Update (07/11/22): Grammatical errors were fixed.

       You hummed to the music coming from Jasper's room as you got dressed. It was Saturday, so you knew that you'd be working late, which is why you picked out a comfortable outfit. You turned, looking at yourself in the mirror as you run your fingers up through your (h/c) hair. Your outfit consisted of a pair of crocodile green cargo pants, and a white tank top with sneakers to match your shirt. You continued to hum to the song coming from the gem's room as you made your way there. "Jasper," you called, knocking on her door. She didn't answer, so you invited yourself in. The gem was lying back on her bed, her feet planted on the floor as she sang to the song. Her amber eyes were hidden behind her eyelids, and you snickered quietly, creeping up to her. Your plan was to scare her, but she opened one of her eyes, looking at you before you could do so. You groaned, crossing your arms as she sat up, chuckling. She wrapped her arms around your waist, pulling you between her thighs as she looked up at you.

        "And girl there's no need to cry, 'cause you know I'm here for ya. And girl you know when you cry, I'll wipe your tears for ya. And girl I know when you lyin', cause I can feel for ya. But girl there's no need to lie, cause I'm still here for ya. Girl, I'm still here for ya, here for ya, here for ya. Girl, I'm still here for ya, here for ya, here for ya. Girl, I'm still here for ya, I'm still here for ya, still here for ya baby," she sang, tightening her arms around your waist. You smiled, running your fingers through her hair.

        "Since when have you been into R&B?"

        "Since forever," she answered with a smirk, kissing your neck. You giggled, scrunching your face up slightly. Ever since Tuesday, you had to admit that your relationship with Jasper was slowly getting better. The gem was beginning to be a lot more affectionate, and so were you. You still hadn't told her straight-out how you felt about her, but you were pretty sure she knew based off of your actions. I'll tell her at some point just to clarify, you think, blushing softly.

        "Anyway, I only came in here to let you know that I'm about to head out," you said, pulling back from the gem to see her face.

        "Like you've done every day since Tuesday, huh," Jasper said with a smirk. You blushed, rolling your eyes as you pushed her shoulder, making her chuckle.

        "...shut up."

        "Don't be embarrassed, Shortcake," she said as she stood up, pulling you against her. You ran your hands up her stomach before wrapping your arms around her waist. "You really like the uniform, don't you?" You nodded, resting your chin on her chest as you looked up at her. Jasper grinned at you, exposing her canines.

        "Any reason why you've been wearing it lately," you asked curiously.

        "Yes."

        "Mind telling me that reason?"