Chapter 15: The Period

Update (5/25/21): Grammatical errors were fixed.

Update v.2 (5/28/23): Grammatical errors were fixed. Slight sentence changes.

Mini A/N – The image above is what Jasper is wearing this entire chapter.

New "acronyms" used in this chapter.

(f/f) - favorite fruit {preferably a kind of berry for this chapter}

(Y/n)'s POV

       Your alarm didn't wake you up the next morning. You groaned, spitting softly to get the cat hair out of your mouth. You opened your eyes, sitting up and looking at Storm who was standing on your chest, her front paws on your cheeks. "So you're gonna be that kind of cat, huh?" She cocked her head to the side, her tail swaying behind her slowly. You chuckled, pulling her off of you and sitting up fully. You looked at your digital alarm clock on your bedside table, sighing. Storm had woken you up way earlier than your seven o'clock alarm. "Six nineteen, Storm? Really?" She meowed quietly, rubbing her body against your arm. You swung your legs from under the covers, standing on your feet. Storm continued to meow quietly, hopping off of the bed and circling your ankles. "I'm coming, I'm coming. You're probably hungry..." You yawned, stretching as you walked to your bedroom door, pushing it open. Storm bolted down the stairs and you chuckled, slowly making your way to the kitchen. You went to the cabinet, opening one of the many cans that Steven had put inside Storm's toy bin. You gagged slightly, pouring the cat food into her bowl. "That's gross, Storm," you said, tossing the can away. You washed your hands quickly, going to the fridge to get a bottle of water. You poured half of it into her second bowl, storing the rest back in the refrigerator. You sighed, leaning against the kitchen island, staring off into the dark living room. When you heard the kitten meow again, you slid your arms off of the island, hissing in pain. You quickly turned the lights on, examining your forearm. A long cut ran down it, but thankfully it wasn't deep. You tore a paper towel off of the roll on the counter, patting the cut. How the hell did that happen? You looked at your kitchen island, slowly running your fingertips over the surface. You felt a semi-deep fissure in the middle and you inhaled sharply, exhaling slowly. "This is obviously Jasper's doing." You looked at the missing tiles on your kitchen floor, and also at the gaping hole still in your wall. I need to get this shit fixed. You threw the paper towel away, wetting the dishcloth in the sink to wipe down the island. "C'mon, Storm," you said, motioning for the kitten to follow you back upstairs. She obeyed, her collar jingling after every step she hopped up. She went back to the round bed at the corner of your room, lying down. You began preparing for the day. You grabbed some clean underclothes from your drawer, taking them into the bathroom with you. I'll call Miguel at some point today and ask him if he knows anyone that can fix my tiles, countertop, and wall, you thought as you turned the shower water on. Once the bathroom began to fog up, you undressed, stepping into the scorching hot water.

       You stepped out of the shower at six forty-three, feeling rejuvenated. You sighed, feeling at peace as you dried your body. You slipped your underclothes on, walking out of the bathroom and into your bedroom again. You pulled out a short-sleeved white blouse with a pair of high-waisted (f/c) Capri jeans. You put your clothes on, sliding your feet into a white pair of flats. You stood in front of your dresser mirror, preparing to tackle your (h/l) hair. You took the old braid from yesterday down, brushing your hair until it was easy to comb through with your fingers. You decided on a cute half-up, half-down style, grabbing your curling iron to add some volume to your (h/c) locks. You grinned at yourself in the full-length mirror, turning around to admire the rest of your body. You giggled, putting on a little makeup before leaving out the room again, making sure to grab your (f/c) lipstick. You made your way back into the kitchen again, preparing to make some breakfast. Maybe I'll have a parfait this morning... You went into your fridge, taking out a container of Greek yogurt, (f/f), and whipped cream. You went into your pantry for the granola next, making sure to grab a small glass from the cabinet. You began making the parfait, starting with the granola at the bottom and then the (f/f), the yogurt, and whipped cream coming last. You layered the ingredients until you got to the rim of the glass, spraying the whipped cream in a circular motion until there was a short peak at the top. You smiled, humming as you put everything away, washing your hands. You went into the living room with your breakfast and turned the news on, paying close attention to the temperatures for the day. "Looks like it's going to get pretty hot today. Summer is coming up after all," you mused, licking yogurt off of your spoon.