Chapter 30: Lighting Strikes

(Y/n)'s POV

    Six days had passed since you and Jasper's...escapade. You were sitting out on the patio with a mug of coffee in hand, already dressed and ready for work. It was only eight twenty-four so you were waiting the time out with a little relaxation. You sighed contently, leaning back against one hand as you closed your eyes, a smile on your face. "Enjoying yourself?" You opened one of your (e/c) eyes, looking up at the quartz who stood behind you. You nodded, chuckling quietly as she took a seat next to you.
    "You're going out again today", you asked, sipping your coffee as you glanced over the gem's body. She nodded, turning to look at you briefly. Jasper gently turned your head to the side, examining your neck.
    "I really did a number on you right there", she mused, smirking. You laughed, swatting her hand away.
    "You're one smug bastard, you know that?" She chuckled, kissing the top of your hand.
    "You love it. Besides, if you really wanted to hide it, you would. You're acting like you don't have makeup", the gem stated, standing to her feet. Your mouth fell slightly open, a blush evident on your face as you frowned at her.
    "Y-You don't know what you're talking about!" Jasper smirked again, bending down at the waist with her hands on her hips as she looked at you.
    "It seems to me like you want other people to know who you belong to." Your blush increased and you shoved her shoulder as she let out a boisterous laugh, holding her stomach.
    "I don't belong to anyone", you said with a pout, drinking more of your coffee to try and hide your face with the mug. "I'm not an object, Jasper."
    "You're right. You aren't an object. But you still belong to me", she said, grabbing your chin. "Unless you want me to prove it to you again?" You groaned, putting your mug down and crossing your arms.
    "You're insufferable."
    "Aww, you don't mean that, Shortcake", the quartz said, pulling you up from the patio deck. She pulled you against her body as you continued to frown, holding you close.
    "Whatever...how many soldiers do you plan on recruiting today", you asked curiously, looking up at her.
    "Not really looking for a number...I'm more focused on size. I haven't been to the Great North yet, so I was thinking of going there to look."
    "Why are you focused on size in particular though", you asked, raising an eyebrow and tilting your head.
    "Well my army won't be much use to me if all of them are small. I want a few that are at least my normal size or bigger", Jasper explained.
    "So...it is true that you really aren't this height?"
    "Yeah. I had at least little consideration towards your home when I first met you. I didn't want to trash the place up too bad if I was going to be staying there", Jasper said with a chuckle.
    "Can...I see", you asked hesitantly, your blush resurfacing on your (s/c-t) cheeks.
    "You want to see my full height", the gem said with a light laugh. You nodded, bouncing in place. "Do you not remember from 'you know when'?"
    "I mean, yeah, but it was only for a second! And besides, you were squatting down after you handed me Storm so I didn't really see, see, ya know?" Jasper sighed, standing back away from you.
    "Okay, only for a second. And then I have to go, shortcake." You nodded again, smiling brightly as the quartz was surrounded by light. You squinted your (e/c) eyes closed for a second, blinking once the sound of Jasper shapeshifting ended. You looked up at her, your mouth slightly agape. She chuckled, putting her index finger under your chin to close it. "Happy now?" You walked up to her, realizing your head only came up to a little above her hip. Before you had at least reached her chest, only having to crane your neck slightly to make eye contact, but now, that wasn't even an option. You giggled, standing on your tippy toes and hugging her waist.
    "There's so much more of you to love now", you said, your voice kind of muffled as you pressed your face into her stomach.
    "I-I told you not to say that", Jasper whined, a scarlet blush across her cheeks as she crossed her arms.
    "Oops", you said with a light laugh, smiling up at her. She grunted, looking away from you. "Okay, you can go now. But give me a kiss first!" The quartz soldier rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face as she picked you up, setting your body in the crook of her arm. "I feel like a child", you pouted, wrapping your arms around her neck.
    "That's because you are, Shortcake. I'm over five thousand years old, remember", she said, kissing your cheek.
    "That means you're a pedophile", you said laughing, pressing your lips to hers for a brief moment. The gem hummed, closing her amber eyes. The feeling of her lips upturning into a smirk against your mouth made you laugh, so you pulled away. "I'll see you later", you said softly, kissing her gem. She smiled, putting you back down before shapeshifting into a bird and taking off. You sighed, going over to your mug on the patio again. The coffee inside had gone cold, so you decided to just pour it out. When you went back inside you glanced at the clock, seeing that it was eight fifty-one. "Shit", you mumbled, quickly rinsing out your cup and putting it into the sink. You jogged upstairs, grabbing your bag and slipping your feet into some shoes. "Storm! Come on, baby", you hollered, pouring the cat's food into one of her bowls, putting water in the other. Once you saw her come out of your room, you bolted to the door, opening it. "See you later, love you", you said, blowing a kiss to the feline. She meowed in response, and you chuckled, closing and locking the door before making your way down the boardwalk.