Chapter 13: The Way Home

Update (02/19/21): Minor sentence changes and grammatical errors were fixed.

Update v.2 (04/16/23): Grammatical errors were fixed. Thought sentence change.

       Your eyes fluttered open, and you raised your head to wipe your mouth. Damn, I'm drooling...must've been sleeping good. You chuckled to yourself, attempting to sit up, but you couldn't. You furrowed your eyebrows, realizing that you were laying on your back. You used your elbows to prop yourself up, your face slowly heating up. Jasper's head was resting on your stomach, her forearms on either side of your torso. Your thighs were locked under her arms, your left leg against the bed while the other was wrapped around Jasper, resting partially on her back. You slowly moved your right leg so that it rested on the bed as well, pressing your palms against the sheets to try and push yourself from up under Jasper's body. You managed to get her head off of your stomach, but now it was resting between your thighs, causing your cheeks to rise in temperature. Oh jeez...this is so much worse! She's right next to my— Your thought was cut off by Jasper grumbling in her sleep. Your body froze, and you looked at her with wide eyes, trying to stay as still as possible. Jasper turned her head, her hair falling over her face in waves. God, why does she have to be so cute? You sighed, attempting to free yourself again as you glanced at the clock. 4:41 AM. "No wonder it's still so dark in here," you mumbled to yourself as you looked out of the window, the curtains still open from last night. You blushed slightly, remembering what happened between you and the sleeping gem. You glanced down at her again, noticing that you managed to get her head off of your thigh. You let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding as you swing your legs over the side of the bed, quickly standing up and going to the bathroom to pee. You sighed in satisfaction as you emptied your bladder, flushing and then washing your hands. Walking back into the bedroom, you stretched, almost screeching at the sight before you. Jasper was sitting up in the bed, her amber eyes watching you drowsily.

       "What do you think you're doing?" Jasper's gruff voice asked you as she scratched the mess of white hair on her head. You swallowed the lump in your throat, backing against the bathroom door.

       "Uh...I had to pee? And now I'm going back to bed." Jasper hummed, closing her eyes for a moment. You could tell that she wasn't fully awake, meaning she most likely wouldn't even remember this interaction, let alone the others from last night.

       "Hurry up then," she said, laying down again. You began to slowly walk back to your own bed, stopping in your tracks when Jasper growled. You hadn't heard her growl like that since you first met her. Is she really that angry right now? "Where do you think you're going?"

       "To my bed," you answered sarcastically, covering your mouth soon after. You heard shuffling behind you, and you turned, seeing that Jasper was sitting up again.

       "Here. Now," she said, snapping her fingers and then pointing to the place beside her.

       "Why can't I go to my own bed?" you whined like a child, stomping your feet.

       "Alright, fine. Go to your own bed." Your eyes widened, your mouth falling open slightly.

       "W-Wait, really?"

       "Yeah, you wanna sleep there, go ahead", Jasper said, waving her hand at you. You slowly moved to your bed, laying down under the sheets. You shivered, the cold fabric nipping at your bare arms and legs. At least it was warmer over there... You sighed, rolling over on your side to face the gem, realizing she wasn't even in her bed anymore. You sat up, your eyebrow raised. What the fuck? You turned to the end of your bed after feeling weight by your feet, seeing Jasper. Your face deadpanned as she crawled towards you, yanking the cover from your legs. You squeaked, pulling your knees to your chest. She yanked your legs down next, causing your head to hit the pillows behind you. You opened your eyes again, seeing the large gem over you. Your cheeks flushed as Jasper's face was only inches from yours. She grinned, her eyes glancing down at your neck for a moment. "I told you, you could sleep in your own bed."