第十七話 | コードネーム

3rd p. o. v.

Izuku and Hanako stood on the train to school, one teen looking as if they were about to die and the other trying to calm them down.

"It's okay Hanako-chan! We'll be there soon, promise!" He said, rubbing the girl's back in comforting circles.

"Mmph! Lies.....! Just...kill me....now," she strained through gags, trying her best not to puke on anyone in the crowded train.

She didn't understand why Izuku couldn't have just knocked her out. It really would have made everything so much easier for both her and literally everyone else on the train.

"Hey, you two, you guys are Midoriya and Miyazaki from class 1-A!" Some guy whisper shouted. 

Izuku looked surprised as nearly everyone's attention was on them.

"You guys did great in the sports festival! I was rooting for you guys!"

"The winner and one of the top eight!"

"Wow I can't believe I'm meeting two of the top first years!!"

Izuku couldn't help but be flustered from all the attention he was receiving.

"Bleh...." And then there was Hanako who could barely even make out what the others were saying, too focused on keeping the contents of her stomach in her stomach.

----

"I feel like I'm barely awake..." Izuku sighed as he and Hanako walked to school.

"And I feel like I'm about to blow chunks on you," the girl sassed, giving Izuku the side eye.

"S-sorry Hanako-chan! It's just-I can't knock you out whenever we go on public transportation!" He squeaked.

"And why is that?"

"W-well, it would look really bad if I walked in carrying an unconscious girl!! Besides, I couldn't knock you out..."

The dragon slayer huffed.

"Good morning Midoriya, Miyazaki!" Iida greeted the two, running up from behind them dressed in rain gear.

"Woah Iida! You really went all out with the rain gear!"

"Why on earth are you walking so slowly?! You'll be late!"

'Late? We've got plenty of time though...'

"Late? But-there's still five minutes until the first bell!"

"U.A students should always arrive ten minutes early, don't you think?"

'Man he is such a square,' Hanako thought with a small laugh.

Izuku wrung out his umbrella nervously.

"So Iida, umm-" He started, only to be cut off by the boy.

"If it's about my brother, don't be concerned. I'm sorry if I made you worry. Everything will be fine."

Those words didn't sit well with Hanako though.

'He's lying. I can see it in his eyes.'

Iida's eyes held pain and anger, despite his face saying otherwise.

----

"It's so weird that people recognize us from tv! And someone wanted to talk to me on my way here!" Mina exclaimed.

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima agreed.

"People on the street were staring at me! It was kind of embarrassing..." Hagakure admitted.