第十二話 | 障害物競争

3rd p. o. v.

With two weeks left until the sports festival, everyone trained their hardest, including Hanako. Granted she was required to be under constant supervision to make sure she didn't accidentally obliterate the entire city, she trained nonetheless. She had a feeling Achnologia would be watching for her, so she made it her goal to stand out on purpose.

Of course, what with all the training that had been taking place, the days flew by and soon enough it was the morning of the sports festival.

"Izuku, please be careful and don't get hurt. You too Hanako..." Inko worried as the two prepared to leave for school.

"We won't," Izuku answered.

"I'll record the whole festival in HD. Do your best, you two!"

The pair smiled at the woman, giving a nod.

"Okay then, we're off."

----

"Aw man, I was totally hoping I could wear my costume," Mina whined in the waiting room.

"Everyone will be in uniforms. That'll keep things fair, right?"

"I wonder what they have in store for us in the first round!"

"No matter what they prepare we must persevere."

Iida suddenly barged into the room.

"Everyone, get your game faces on!! We're entering the arena soon!" He shouted.

"Midoriya," Todoroki called, gaining everyone's attention.

"Hey Todoroki. What's up?"

"From an objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you," he stated bluntly.

"Uh, yeah.."

"However, you've got All Might in your corner helping you out. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two. But know that I will beat you," he declared.

"What's with all these declarations of war lately?" Kaminari tried to ease the tension.

"Yeah what's the big deal, why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started?" Kirishima asked, putting a hand on Todoroki's shoulder.

"We're not here to be each others friend," he retorted, slapping Kirishima's hand away. "Don't forget this isn't a team effort."

'Welp, guess I've gotta go Natsu mode for that one...' Hanako thought, making a mental note to try and get through to the cold-hearted boy.

"Wait a sec Todoroki. I don't know what's going through your head, or why you think you need to tell me that you'll beat me, and yeah, of course you're better than me. In fact you probably have way more potential than just about anyone in the hero course. That's why you got in so easily," Izuku spoke.

"Midoriya maybe you're being a little hard on yourself, and us.." Kirishima spoke, also trying to lift the mood.

"No. He's right you guys. All the other courses, they're coming for us with everything they've got. We're all gonna have to fight to stand out. And I'll be aiming for the top too," Izuku finished, a determined look on his face.

"Fine."

----

"HEY, MAKE SOME NOISE ALL YOU RABBID SPORTS FANS!! GET THOSE CAMERAS PREPPED WE NEED HOARDS!! THIS YEAR WE'RE BRINGING YOU SOME OF THE HOTTEST PERFORMANCES IN SPORTS FESTIVAL HISTORY, GUARANTEED! I'VE ONLY GOT ONE QUESTION BEFORE WE START THIS SHOWWW!! ARE YOU READY?!?! LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM AS OUR STUDENTS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE MAIN STAGE! THIS FIRST GROUP IS NO STRANGER TO THE SPOTLIGHT!! YOU KNOW THEM FROM WITHSTANDING A VILLAIN ATTACK!! THE DAZZLING STUDENTS LIGHTING UP YOUR TV'S WITH SOLID GOLD SKILLS!! THE HERO COURSE STUDENTS OF CLASS 1-A!!!" Present Mic announced as the class walked out.