第十四話 | 轟焦凍

3rd p. o. v.

"IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THE LAST ROUND!! BUT BEFORE THAT, GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE WHO DIDN'T MAKE THE FINALS! SINCE THIS IS A SPORTS FESTIVAL, WE'VE PREPARED SOME SUPER FUN SIDE GAMES EVERYONE CAN PARTICIPATE IN! WE EVEN BROUGHT IN CHEERLEADERS FROM AMERICA TO GET YOUR BLOOD PUMPING! HOLD UP, LOOKS LIKE CLASS 1-A IS GOING FULL ON FAN-SERVICE!!"

"What, you tricked us?! You're gonna regret this!!" Momo shouted.

Hanako had no idea what happened, but she was grateful she didn't run into any of the other girls or Kaminari and M*neta during lunch. She wouldn't have minded putting on a cheerleading outfit, but it was another thing if she was being tricked into it.

"Why is it that I always end up falling for that stupid little pervert's schemes?! I even used my quirk to make these outfits..." Momo cried.

"Guess now you know never to believe something they tell you..." Hanako sweat-dropped.

"Ugh, I hate those guys!" Jirou shouted, throwing her pom poms on the ground.

"Well we do have a little time before the finals start and I kind of like these uniforms so...how 'bout we just roll with it!!" Hagakure suggested eagerly.

"HAVE FUN COMPETING IN THESE SIDE GAMES EVERYONE!" AFTER THEY'RE OVER, THE SIXTEEN STUDENTS IN THE TOP FOUR TEAMS WILL BE DUKING IT OUT 1-ON-1 IN THE TOURNAMENT STYLE FIGHTING COMPETITION! I PROMIS YOU'RE NOT GONNA WANNA MISS THESE EPIC MATCH-UPS!!"

"Finally a chance to show what we're made of! I watch these finals every year and now I'm actually in them!" Kirishima pumped.

"So wait, is it always a tournament?" Mina questioned.

"The finals always a 1-on-1 competition, but they switch it up every time. Last year it was a foam sword fighting match," Sero explained.

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against! Then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start!" Midnight announced, holding up a box of lots.

"The sixteen finalists have the option of participating in those activities or sitting out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you'll all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first place team!"

As Midnight walked, Ojiro raised his hand.

"Um, excuse me. Sorry, but I'm withdrawing," he said.

"What, but Ojiro you did great on the team!" Hanako argued, confused as to why he would want to opt out.

"It just wouldn't be right. I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it. I...think it was that guy's quirk."

Shinsou? So he must have used his quirk on Ojiro during the game. Hanako thought that it was probably just so that the team would have a better chance of winning, so she didn't really make a big deal about it.

"I know this is a great opportunity. I wish I could take advantage of it but my conscience won't let me."

"Just think about this!" Izuku pleaded.

"I have, okay?! Everyone gave their all in round two, but I was just someone's puppet. No way, I don't want to advance if I don't even know how I got here. It wouldn't be fair."

"You're making way too much of this! Kill it in the finals and prove you should be here!" Hagakure shouted.

"Yeah, what she said. I didn't do much in the battle either," Mina agreed.

"That's not it. I'm talking about my pride here. I refuse to give that up. Also, why are all the girls dressed like cheerleaders?"

The girls sulked, not wanting to be reminded of how they were so easily tricked.