Chapter 29

One Month Later

"Seokjin you better be gentle with me. This is my first time leaving the house since I got out of the hospital," I warned.

He pouted, "I'm hurt that you think I won't be gentle with you."

The two of us slowly shuffled to the car.

It had been a month since I woke up, but my struggles didn't exactly end once I woke up. Miss Coma made me forget how to walk so I had to relearn that and go through a lot of physical therapy. Even when I was cleared to leave the hospital a lot of physical therapy was and is still needed.

Today, however, was the first day since it happened that I was going out in public to do something.

What that something was, I had no clue. Seokjin had planned something that I was apparently going to 'love' but he wouldn't tell me what it was.

Seokjin helped me into the car before getting in himself and driving off.

"So you wanna tell me where we're going now?" I asked.

He smiled softly, "Flower shop."

I cocked an eyebrow.

Today was surely going to be an interesting one.

When we got to the flower shop Seokjin left me in the car and said he needed to get a few flowers. So I sat in anticipation in the car of what flowers he would bring. Would he bring flowers for me? Or perhaps I was meeting his parents? It made me curious.

However, what Seokjin came back with was way more obvious.

In a little bag were six white carnations.

Funeral flowers.

I decided not to say anything but I was a little worried that he was going to bring me to a funeral while I was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt.

But thankfully, it was not a funeral though it wasn't any less morbid than one.

He had pulled up in front of a cemetery.

The atmosphere had completely changed once we got out. The air was thick with sadness, grief, and mourning. But it also felt peaceful and almost serene. It was hard to describe but you could definitely feel the atmosphere of a cemetery.

"Seokjin?"

He handed me three of the carnations. 

"I feel like slowly, everyone is moving on. They're healing and figuring out how to cope. I thought it'd be good if I gave the both of us that closure."

He took my hand and led me into the cemetery. I stayed close to him, trying to avoid looking at the immense amount of gravestones planted into the ground. 

"Here. You can spend some time here and then when you're done you and I can switch. I'll be just over there."

He walked away without another word.

I was confused but as I read the name of the gravestones it all made sense.

Hwang Jisol

1996-2014

"I don't need to be known by name to change the world. I'll change it my way with my work. An artist will always have an impact on the world."

And right beside it was the other gravestone.

Hwang Seulbi