Chapter 10

Long chapter coming up

Things were happening today, oh yes they were. Today, Seokjin and I were going to pay a visit to the three new victims' families. We decided that we would investigate Jisol's crime scene and speak with her brother on the same day, but to keep the two years of murder separate, we decided to start with the more recent murders.

"Do you think they're gonna let us carry a gun onto their property?" I asked, putting it in its holster as well as a few other things.

Seokjin let out a gentle chuckle, "Probably not, but it's better to be prepared."

I readjusted my bulletproof vest and made sure I had everything before following Seokjin to the car.

As we drove, Seokjin tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

Something was on his mind.

"What's up?" I asked.

No answer.

I rolled my eyes, "Seokjin, grow up please. Stop freezing me out."

He chuckled, "Believe it or not, this time I wasn't intending to do that. I was debating whether or not to tell you a pick-up-line."

Did I hear that right? Stoic Kim Seokjin wanted to tell me a pick-up-line?

I smiled, "I like pick-up-lines."

Actually, I had no idea what that was, but I was intrigued by his desire to talk with me over it so I was gonna accept it.

"Did it hurt?" He asked.

"What?"

"When you fell from heaven?" He burst out in really funny laughter that warmed my heart.

However, my response to the joke kind of jumped out of me, "Yes, it did actually."

Wait what?

Seokjin didn't seem to notice and chuckled at my response, but for me, it was slight jarring.

Why did I say that? Clearly something prompted me to say that.

The car ride was quiet after that until we arrived at Haewon's parents' house. They definitely had money in the bank as their mansion looked the size of a castle. There were large gates with guards in front, and not to mention a lawn the size of most apartments.

Money truly was the root of evil.

To think someone would take the life of a young girl because her parents slighted them, it made me sick.

We pulled the car up to the gates and approached the serious looking guards.

"What's your business here?" They asked sternly.

"I'm Detective Kim and this is my partner Detective Hwang. We want to talk to the Song's," Seokjin said.

"Badges," the guard said.

We pulled out our badges and showed them before being allowed into the complex. But once we got out of the car the guards patted us down and took our guns from us for safety purposes.

We stepped up to the large Victorian doors and knocked on them.

"Oh Detective Kim!" A woman answered.

A man joined her, sharply glancing over Seokjin and I.

"You brought a girlfriend Detective Kim?" He scoffed.

My eyes widened, "Oh no sir, I'm not his girlfriend! I'm Detective Hwang, I'm his partner!"

He rolled his eyes, "Another detective who'll let us down?"