Chapter 2

The station was rather large and was full of police and detectives alike scrambling around.

The receptionist had told me Chief Gu's office was down the hall on the left, but down what hall?

I narrowly dodged several people who were frantically running around shouting certain things relating to cases.

"Jeez, where am I going?" I sighed.

"Lost?"

I looked up to see a very handsome man staring me in the face. His features were refined and elegant, yet slightly roguish. His eyes had a mischievous glint in them but they also seemed to be hiding some dark troubles.

He gave me a small smile, depicting his attractiveness even more.

"Uh y-yeah. Do you know where Chief Gu's office is?" I stammered.

His gaze hardened, "Yeah, sure. I can bring you there if you'd like."

Oh lord.

"Umm yeah sure. Thanks...Detective Kim," I said, reading his name tag.

He quietly led me to the Chief's office, barely uttering a word. Suddenly his playful disposition has vanished and he was all stoic and moody.

Despite that, I couldn't help but stare at him. He was so ethereal yet he had a more boyish feeling about him. I was enamored by the handsome detective.

Finally, we arrived at an office with the placard 'Chief Gu's Office,' on it. This was it. I knew nothing other than of this person. I wasn't exactly sure what I was getting into but if I was a registered officer, then maybe the Chief could help me figure it out.

I bowed to Detective Kim, watching him coolly as he hastily walked away.

"Talk about bipolar," I scoffed.

I knocked on the door to the Chief's office before entering.

He was on the phone but when he saw me he told the person on the line he'd call back and hung up the phone call.

"I could've waited...sir," I quickly added.

He waved me off, motioning for me to sit in the plastic chair across from him.

He was a big man, with his badge proudly glimmering on his chest. It was slightly intimidating to see the bookshelves full of files which I assumed were cases and reports.

"Hwang Cheonsa. Quite a unique name you've got there Officer Hwang. So in my transfer report from the Busan precinct, it says here you joined the force as an officer immediately after graduating high school. However, during your high school years, you took several college courses regarding law and crime and continued to train diligently in your training period. You've been given this glowing report that outlines how wonderful of a police officer you are. So I don't see any reason not to accept you."

I raised an eyebrow, "Accept me?"

"Don't be modest Officer Hwang. You got the job! You're a detective now!" He exclaimed.

I'm a detective?! I guess I was looking for a promotion and so they transferred me from Busan to here where my skills would be more useful. That being said, it was a bit jarring to not know anything and suddenly be thrust into a job.

"Let me trade in your badge for an official detective one. Consider it your marking of the Seoul Police."

He dug through his drawer and pulled out an official detective badge. Suddenly I had gone from an officer to a detective in less than twenty-four hours.