Chapter 5

Where am I?

I stood in the middle of a giant void of white. There was nothing. It was absolutely desolate yet it was mesmerizingly beautiful.

"Hello?! Is anyone there?! It's me...it's me...who am I? I am...no that's not me...who am I? Where am I?"

I looked down at my body to see it glowing in an ethereal white and gold. The color of my skin almost matched the color of my garment. As if I were some ghost or something.

All of it, all of me, felt so unfamiliar. There were memories and feelings that seemed to be just out of reach. So close that if I reached just a little higher I could touch it, yet so far that my body wasn't able to reach any higher.

I felt lost and meaningless. If I didn't know who I was, what was the purpose of being?

"Follow," a small voice spoke.

I whirled around, trying to find the source of the mysterious voice, only to find a tiny speck of blue in the air. Like a wisp of kinds.

It wanted me to follow it?

Seeing as there was nothing else around, I figured it'd be the best idea.

And so I followed it. Watching in awe as more and more specks of color joined it the further we walked. Now there was blue, purple, pink, and gold sparks dancing around me.

The specks seemed to whisper.

"Is she...?"
"She's so...."
"How is she even...?"
"I wonder if I'll be allowed..."

What were they talking about? Me? What was it about me that made me different.

I kept my eyes on the original blue speck, following it diligently until it stopped abruptly.

"Chance," the voice mused.

Chance? Was this my chance? Was I given a chance for something? Argh, it was all fuzzy.

"Proud," the voice continued.

The other specks seemed to swirl around me, making me feel lightheaded.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"The in-between," the other specks chanted.

"Wake up. Wake up angel. You must wake up."

And so, I woke up.