Chapter 20

What even is this story? I'm so bad at this I'm sorry😔 thank you all for reading it if you are though💜 also, I'm so confused with the new Wattpad update??? Where the heck is my profile??? And why tf are all my icons jumbled up????

I pulled up to Minchul's house and was met with several other officers.

One of them came up to me and handed me the warrant.

I jerked my arm a little too much which made the graze wound on my arm sting a bit.

I winced.

The officer gave me a worried look, "Bullet grazes aren't nothing you know. You should get it checked out and treated so it doesn't get infected."

I gripped the paper tightly, "Right now, Seokjin is in the hospital and I have no idea how he is. The least I can do, is my job."

She smiled slightly, "You really like him."

I didn't say anything.

"We can all see it. You guys are the station gossip. But we think you guys are totally cute," she said.

I sighed, "Now isn't the time. Do me a favor and keep an eye out around the perimeter. This entire area is linked to the murders. Their parents' house is the central point. I need units within a twenty mile radius of that house in all directions. Can you make that happen?"

She nodded, "Of course."

While she went to talk to the officers, I went inside the house.

It was surprisingly normal. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting. Maybe a bit more weaponry and malicious items, but nope. It was just a normal house.

Though, it did look like the living room had been slightly raided.

I clenched my jaw in realization. They were planning this. They had planned to meet. After we visited their parents' place, Misun must've come here to strategize with her brother. They packed up and got ready to go.

I began looking through drawers and shelves for anything that could help.

It was mostly normal house stuff, until I got to the kitchen.

In one drawer, there was a bunch of receipts.

But strangely old receipts. Dated back six years.

It was like I had hit the jackpot. Considering how carefully he had calculated how to not get caught, I was surprised that he slipped up like this.

The receipts ranged from rope, duct tape, zip ties, trash bags, and the most prominent one, a gun.

It was charged to his father's credit card, but it was bought a month before Jisol's murder.

All of it had been bought around the time of her murder.

The best thing about the receipt was that it had a name of the type of gun. I thought back to the warehouse and how he was firing carelessly with a gun.

Perhaps those stray shell casings would give us a hint.

I took all the receipts and continued my search. Of course it proved pretty futile except for the fact that the house had very obviously been ransacked for important stuff.

There was one thing left to find.

The cellphones.

I couldn't find them in any drawers, cabinets, or boxes, so I was rather confused.

That's when I got an idea.

I pulled out my walkie talkie and paged the team in charge of the phones.