Chapter 14

Seokjin POV

"I'm...Jisol."

What?!

I was completely lost as to what was happening. One minute we were investigating a crime scene and the next Cheonsa runs away crying that she's in pain. 

I was totally confused, but when I saw Cheonsa violently shaking and crying behind a tree, I forgot everything else and wanted to comfort her. I hugged her tightly to try and get her to realize where she was. 

Seeing her like that broke me in ways I hadn't felt in a long time. My heart was aching for her. I wanted to hug her and kiss her and...wait what?

"I'm Jisol," she said again.

I only hugged her tighter, hoping that she would stop saying crazy things.

I felt her body tense in my embrace, "You think I'm a lunatic."

Yes.

"No, I don't Cheonsa. I'm worried about you though because this has never happened before," I said.

She was still shaking violently and her breathing was shallow. In that moment, all I cared about was protecting her and making her feel safe.

"Cheonsa, I'm going to drive you home," I said.

She managed a small, "But the case."

"There's nothing here anyway. Now you and I are going home and we're going to talk okay?" I helped her stand up but it was evident that she was too shaky to walk.

So I decided to be chivalrous and picked up the trembling girl in my arms.

She buried her face into my chest and cried some more.

It was jarring to see the girl who had held her head high in adversity to just break like this. For her to suddenly become so fragile that a gentle breeze could break her.

I sat her in the car and began driving her to her address which she blankly told me.

She stared out the window the whole time, obviously trying not to show me her tears. It broke my heart to see her like this. I wanted to make it better. But I wasn't that good at this.

A certain someone often told me that for someone with looks that could steal everyone's heart, I was pretty dense when it came to emotions.

I often regretted that. I wished I had been better when she was around.

So when I looked at the broken Cheonsa, I felt this urge to do better. I wanted to be there for Cheonsa in ways I hadn't been for her.

We arrived at her house and I carried her inside.

"Do you want anything to drink?" She asked distantly.

I sat her down on the couch, "I should be asking you that."

She forced a smile and shook her head.

I noticed the cute blanket that had been messily tossed to the side of the couch. I also noticed how her coffee table was littered with stacks of paper and notes about the case. It was mildly concerning.

She sighed, "I usually work on the case here and then end up falling asleep on the couch. I don't remember the last time I actually slept in my bed."

I felt bad. I had berated her and tried to force her to quit because I thought she wouldn't take the job seriously but here she was slogging her cute butt off every night.

The two of us sat in silence for a bit before I finally decided to slip my hand into hers. Her hand was tiny compared to mine but it was firm and confident.